My few month old hilarious new book The Lost Blogs (which includes blogs from history’s most famous folk had the Internet been around in their times) also has a companion website. That companion website has a section that includes an e-mail address available for questions from the public. I felt it was about time to post some of the answers to some of the most common questions:
- No, Abraham Lincoln has yet to appear on the hit ABC show, Lost.
- No, I didn’t see last night’s episode nor can I provide you with the answer to the question, “How is there a polar bear on a tropical island?”
- Yes, I am friends with Lost creator J.J. Abrams in my dreams, and yes we have gone on a three day ski-retreat creative brainstorming session weekend together IN those dreams.
- Yes, I’m sure the people at ABC.com are annoyed at me and talk about me in their digital meetings on a weekly basis since I own www.thelostblogs.com, www.thelostblogs.net, and lostblogs.net.
- Yes, Joan of Arc and the actress who plays Kate on the TV show DO sort of have a similar brand of “female gusto” that helps them get through trying times.
- No, the World Organization of Manuscript Preservation’s site is not a part of Lost‘s elaborate on-line puzzle game connected to the Dharma Initiative.
- No, when I told you that the W.O.M.P. wasn’t a part of the Dharma Initiative, that wasn’t a clever way of trying to confuse you in determining the solution to the secret on-line Dharma Initiative game connected to the Hanso Foundation.
- Yes, someone paid me to write The Lost Blogs and no, they didn’t pay me in coconuts.
- No, this page does not include a picture of a primitive version of the computer from the show Lost that people fawned over for episodes, typing in a collection of numbers to save the world from being destroyed.
- No, I don’t know how many ladies in waiting Marie Antionette had, where Jim Morrison is currently living, and what Moses’ favorite sports drink happens to be.
What has been lost can now be found.
With The Lost Blogs having been out for the last few months of the summer and with Words For Your Enjoyment happening today (Friday) — I thought, what better way to publicize both than to present one of the missing lost blogs of the book.
That’s why, today, I’ll be making public one of the twenty-five “lost blogs” available for FREE here on WFME. And what better way to start off such a promotional fete than to reveal one of the more obscure personalities?
No, this isn’t a post about Lost.
Instead, today’s post will serve to announce that my still-new book The Lost Blogs has done so well out there in the real world that it looks as if we’ll be moving into the land of “Second Printing.” Which is a good thing. Which makes me happy. Which makes me want to give away free First Edition signed copies of the book.
So today, for your enjoyment, that’s just what we’re going to do. But with a twist.
But instead of sending you off on a scavenger hunt throughout the Blogosphere and instead of asking you to be the first person to be lightning-quick e-mailer amaze-a-tron, I will instead ask you to read the following paragraph:
Did you want me to come to your city and speak and discuss my new book The Lost Blogs while signing your book and making you laugh…but it just didn’t happen?
Maybe I didn’t know you wanted me there.
That’s why I’ve set up a page over at Eventful where you can “demand my words” in your hometown. All you have to do is click on the glorious “demand it” button above, enter your city, and when the groundswell becomes hard to ignore…I’ll show up.
Seriously. I totally will. Try me.
If you live in the Chicago area and listen to WGN Radio 720, I’ll be appearing tonight on Nick Digilio’s show, Nick at Night between 10-10:30 pm Pacific / 12-12:30 am Central to talk about, yes you guessed it, The Lost Blogs.
Update: You can now listen to the interview audio over at The Lost Blogs press kiosk.