Words About The Inaccuracies In Disney’s Little Einsteins

Having kids changes the things you obsess about.

Still, I had to come out of hiding to address a slew of unrealistic inaccuracies in Disney’s The Little Einsteins; an often-adorable show about a quadfecta of young friends and their sentient robot rocket, Rocket. On a weekly basis they launch off on a variety of missions and tie in music and art while they’re doing it.

I just wish they could pay as much attention to the other small details.

Besides the fact that animals’ voices don’t sound like musical instruments, and that with the price of real estate these days there’d be no way a bunch of pre-elementary school kids could afford to build a huge underground lair down the hill from their parents house, and way beyond the fact that they travel out of the country on a moments notice without passports, approvals or any kind of permission whatsoever…there’s one glaring visual issue I seriously can’t get past.

Look at this picture:

Here you see all the little Einsteins getting ready to take off in their Rocket. Everyone’s buckled in, they’ve got their seats and they’re ready to go. There’s (from L to R) Annie, Quincy, Leo and June. Most importantly, it’s pretty tight in there, everyone’s seats are all pretty much about two feet from each other (I measured). Pay particular attention to Leo and June and then look at the next picture (a close up of Leo as he gears up to take off):

Do you see what’s bugging me? How is it even possible that Leo is sitting there and we don’t see any of the other kids? From looking at the spatial layout in the first picture we should plainly see June on the right side of this second picture. Nothing matches up. June should be there in the background. Or on the side. Or somewhere.

Basically, we’ve been cheated here, and handed an inconsistency and basically it’s assumed that no one will care, speak up about it, or even mention it on Twitter (which I’m about to do right this second). If this was Transformers there’d be a huge discussion about it on some board somewhere. If this was a Presidential commercial, there’d be a post up about it. But because it’s a kids’ cartoon, everyone just seems to let something like this slide.

And we can’t have it.

Not if we want to save the economy.

13 comments on “Words About The Inaccuracies In Disney’s Little Einsteins

1. Susan - November 23, 2008 at 8:03 pm -

This is a travesty! Paul, fixing these inaccuracies should be near the top of Obama’s to-do list.

2. Pauly D - November 23, 2008 at 10:33 pm -

Or at least after he fixes this whole “Antarctica melting into the ocean” thing.

3. dgm - November 24, 2008 at 12:23 pm -

A Congressional investigation is in order. No stone should be left unturned, or the Democrats will see it in the elections in two years.

4. Jacquie - November 24, 2008 at 1:14 pm -

I see her. You don’t? Hmmmm. That’s weird.

5. Jacquie - November 24, 2008 at 1:16 pm -

I can totally see her in the second picture. You seriously can’t? That’s weird Pauly

6. Allan Mayer - November 24, 2008 at 1:18 pm -

What worries me is that I don’t think we even get this show in England. They say that what happens first in America happens here next, so before we know it our society will be devastated and we won’t know why!

7. MJBUtah - November 24, 2008 at 4:08 pm -

She’s directly behind him obviously crouching down or something. That’s got to be it. My kids are too old to watch this, but maybe I had better take a look, you know, for science.

By the way, no “sorry I’ve been gone”? Stories of Alien abuduction? Excuses? Explanations? Estimates of how long we will have to wait before you post again?

8. Pauly D - November 24, 2008 at 8:29 pm -

MJBUtah – Sorry I’ve been gone. I was abducted by aliens and then lost my memory and was living as a rodeo clown in Texas for six months until my memory came back after being head-butted by a bull. I should probably, by my estimates, post again before next week.

9. Susan - November 25, 2008 at 6:26 am -

Don’t lie. You were playing World of Warcraft, Wrath of the Lich King 24/7.
    And before that, you were sleeping outside for Miley Cyrus tickets.
    Do you really expect us to believe the ridiculous amnesiac rodeo clown excuse?

10. MJBUtah - November 25, 2008 at 8:41 am -

Susan! I believe it whole heartedly. Pauly wouldn’t lie.

Wait, would he? Nah.

11. Jerry - November 25, 2008 at 8:43 am -

Fascinating that a show to teach children about music and art would be so inconsistent in its message. Spatial proportions are they very fundation of what is considered classic art. I submit frame by frame, Little Einsteins is nothing more than the digital equivalent of Dark Ages tapestries where the hunted fox is equal in size to the horse and hunter when clearly it is several yards away under a low lying thicket. Little Einsteins? maybe. But certainly not Little DiVincis.

Uncle Walt would be thawing out with anger if he knew how hisanimation department has devolved since his day.

12. Pauly D - November 25, 2008 at 8:54 am -

Jerry – That’s the dumbest smart thing you ever typed.

Susan – Actually, I’ve been camping out for the premiere screening of Twilight for six months.

13. Jerry - November 25, 2008 at 1:25 pm -

If that is a challenge, Paul, believe me I can go way dumber!