8 comments on “Persistence, Podcast, Persistence

1. Susan - January 11, 2008 at 7:10 am -

Well, I’m glad I was persistent and listened to all of this. Some of your best work is near the end. “The paper is like my mother”- golden. This poor guy probably makes minimum wage.

2. jacquie - January 11, 2008 at 7:49 am -

Hey, Ya, Wow… I love how Matt is going to show his appreciation by giving you a gift that you have to pay for. I also am a little concerned that he KNOWS you are are busy and how to make your life better. I am scared that he knows better than you, what is good for you. How does he know? Is he stalking you Pauly. Can you say “restraining order?”

I cannot stand sales people that tell you what you are going to do. I mean, this dude is like “OH NO… YOU WILL HAVE THE LA TIMES EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK. SCREW YOU. SCREW THE EARTH. ”

He kept insisting this was about you but it is so apparent that it’s all about him and his commission.

He’s apparently a youngin’ who really needs this job and has yet to find his true calling… hmmmmmm, what could we suggest for him. His persistance should be used for good and not evil.

3. Amy - January 11, 2008 at 9:42 pm -

He is slime. Maybe cold call insurance sales is his calling.

4. Sarcomical - January 14, 2008 at 1:37 pm -

oh, wow. i was squirming in discomfort! what a BS artist.
    i’m impressed with how long you were able to handle staying on the line, even if it was for the blog. i was wishing i could hang up on him.

5. monkeyinabox - January 17, 2008 at 2:56 pm -

Oh Pauly D, your life is ruined!!!!!!

LA Times just wants to enrich your life. For shame!

6. monkeyinabox - January 17, 2008 at 2:58 pm -

On another note, do you record all of your calls just in case they are podcast worthy?

7. Di - January 24, 2008 at 6:24 am -

The ‘what not to do’ when trying to sell stuff.

He didn’t seem to know you were playing with him. How somebody be that …. ‘focused’. I’d love to know his take on the conversation but based on a friend with similar sales issues, I imagine he thought he almost had you.

8. hadashi - February 20, 2008 at 12:09 am -

Pauly D., did i miss you at Jude W.’s housewarming party? inquiring minds want to know.
    in any case, i agree with Sarcomical — i was amazed at how long you could stay on the phone for the sake of WFME. wow. that’s dedication.