A Giant Music Explosion

They Might Be Giants, often considered the most off-kilter band on the face of the Earth has finally come out with their newest album The Else. While currently only available for the next month as an iTunes download (the official CD plus full-length bonus disc will be available in stores in June), I had to post this awesome song from the new album for your persual, in-loveness, and subsequent download.

The song is called “The Mesopotamians” and is a rallying cry for all who feel like a Mesopotamian. Now if only I could get someone to write me a theme song like this called “The Pauly D” — everything would be right in the world.

Give it a listen here.

7 comments on “A Giant Music Explosion

1. Jerry - May 16, 2007 at 11:50 am -

hmmm. I will listen but if it is anything like Istanbul (not Constantinople) I will be upset that they haven’t evolved since they released Flood.

2. Jacquie - May 17, 2007 at 4:00 am -

You know if anyone is going to write you a song, I will be the first. I’m used to singing your praises in my everyday life already. I’m so starting on that… after I finish catching up on all the missed posts. I will be trying to catch up this weekend. Expect a lot of comments.

3. dgm - May 17, 2007 at 8:32 am -

thanks a lot. now i have an audio tattoo.

4. Stephanie P. - May 17, 2007 at 10:48 am -

It’s so nice to know that other people like this band. Thay have been one of my favorites since the eighties and most people I know have never heard of them. Thanks for the link!

5. Wordmaven - May 18, 2007 at 6:42 am -

If you could get someone to write the music, I could TOTALLY write the lyrics to your anthem “The Pauly D”.

6. jacquie - May 18, 2007 at 9:10 am -

I smell WFME contest!!!!! I would be afraid my song wouldn’t do you true justice. I’m gonna have to do more research. In the meantime, are there any specific features you don’t want me to neglect?

7. Pauly D - May 18, 2007 at 9:13 am -

You people have stumbled onto an amazing idea! A Pauly D theme song. Hmm. I’m open to suggestions as to what would make it worth someone’s while to created one.

Obviously, whichever one won, would be placed permanently in the sidebar.