[At the Coffee Bean]

Her: “What I want to know is where the polar bear has gone.”
Him: “It’s a big island. He could be anywhere.”
Her: “Well, it’s a big TROPICAL island. He’d want to stay somewhere cool.”
Him: “There’s a lot of shade on that island. He’ll be okay.”

## ## ##

[At the Comic Book Shop]

Guy #1: “I think the polar bear is also that amorphous black smoke creature as well.”
Guy #2: “What, he’s a shapeshifting polar bear?”
Guy #1: “There’s a shapeshifter on that show Heroes.”
Guy #2: “Exactly why ABC wouldn’t have a shapeshifting polar bear on their show.”
Guy #1: “Dude, don’t you know anything about how competitive the TV landscape is? I’m surprised Gil Grissom on CSI isn’t a shapeshifter by now.”

## ## ##

[At the Hair Salon]

Girl #1: “And he told me there was a polar bear on the show…so I watched it with him.”
Stylist: “Ohh, cute.”
Girl #1: “But there wasn’t a polar bear on the show.”
Sylist: “Oh, no?”
Girl #1: “Well, there was at some point early on. But then I guess the polar bear disappeared or something and no one’s seen the polar bear in awhile, although my boyfriend says there’s no way they could introduce a polar bear and then not have the polar bear show up again later on…so we’re still waiting on the polar bear I guess.”
Stylist: “Ohh, cute.”

17 comments on “The General Los Angeles Population Seems To Be Obsessed With The Missing Polar Bear From ABC’s ‘Lost’

1. jacquie - April 12, 2007 at 9:21 am -

Pauly, if you are going to throw spoilers in your posts, you really need to start off with a warning or something. Sheesh!

2. Pauly D - April 12, 2007 at 9:22 am -

Jacquie – Spoilers? Were there spoilers in there?

3. jacquie - April 12, 2007 at 9:30 am -

Well, I have only today caught up to episode 6 of Heroes, so I didn’t know there was a shapeshifter. Thanks a lot. I might as well not even bother watching now. Hmmph.

4. jacquie - April 12, 2007 at 9:32 am -

I could catch up and finish watching so I’m ready for when it comes back on April 22 but that would take away from me reading your blog. I just realized that there are many months of unread posts I have to catch up on.

And I call myself your BBFF.

Have you considered putting these in a book form? I would need the comment section too though. If it’s not too much trouble.

5. Pauly D - April 12, 2007 at 9:35 am -

Jacquie – If I thought there was 50 people willing to spend twenty bucks on a WFME book (classic posts and some new ones specifically for the book) I would self-publish it and make it available.

6. jacquie - April 12, 2007 at 9:39 am -

49 more people needed! Inquire within!

7. jacquie - April 12, 2007 at 9:39 am -

do I get a cut (since I am advertising for you?)

8. Jo - April 12, 2007 at 11:12 am -

Maybe the polar bear is lying on a beachchair somewhere holding a Diet Coke and working on its tan. And is Mr. Paik the real father of Sun? I don’t think so!

9. MIchelle - April 12, 2007 at 1:40 pm -

I’ll take one. So we only need 47 more.

10. MIchelle - April 12, 2007 at 1:42 pm -

oh wait, 48 more. Or I could buy two. (god, don’t ask an accountant to count on April 13th, that’s REALLy embarassing).

11. MIchelle - April 12, 2007 at 1:42 pm -

oh, and apparently today is the 12th. I think I’ll just shut up now.

12. Pauly D - April 12, 2007 at 1:50 pm -

Michelle – Please don’t ever ask me if I want you to do my taxes or fill out my datebook. I just don’t think I could let you down easily enough.

13. Brooke - April 12, 2007 at 3:23 pm -

Wait. I thought Sawyer killed the polar bear in the first episode. Am I having a senior citizen moment again?

14. Gillian - April 12, 2007 at 4:28 pm -

I really like the idea of the polar bear being a shapeshifter. It’s possible.

After all, Mr. Eko died in the hands of the black smoke after being rescued by Locke from the polar bear… Locke also singed the bear the bear a bit (forgot what was in the spray can)… that could be a ‘sign.’

The black smoke may actually be the polar bear with unfinished business. Gosh. This is exciting.

Thanks, Paul. 😀

15. kiki - April 12, 2007 at 7:07 pm -

Huh? What’s “Lost”?

16. Sarcomical - April 13, 2007 at 7:03 am -

ummm…that entire polar bear thing is something i have given up losing sleep over. i’m sure they don’t even have any idea how the hell they’re going to explain that one away yet.

that and the whole libby in the psych ward with hurley thing.

17. Kathleen - April 15, 2007 at 9:19 pm -

ok the polar bear has a contract with coca-cola.

the bear is currently working on the commercials for the upcoming holiday season.