Today We Will Vote Out One Of Yesterday’s Commenters

It seems like everywhere you look, someone’s being voted off some television show.

Whether it’s Last Comic Standing or Big Brother All Stars or Survivor — there’s always someone getting kicked to the curb under the guise of intriguing, engaging entertainment. And it got me to thinking that isn’t WFME all about entertainment? Don’t you come here to take a break from the daily stress of work and life and family and have a few laughs? Isn’t that why we’re all here?

That’s why today…we will vote out one of our own.

Yesterday you may or may not have read my post on Lucky Charms and cereal in general. Look, that’s okay if you didn’t. It doesn’t matter. But what does matter is that those who took the time out to comment unknowingly involved themselves in one of the most groundbreaking blog moments that will ever occur here at WFME.

That’s right — we are going to make those commenters the center of the first ever blog eviction ceremony to take place on a blog over the course of the entire history of the Internet. They will all be going up on the block, and you (the collective readership of WFME) will decide who will go!

Get those votes ready!

Here’s how it will work. You go and read the comments section of yesterday’s post and see who commented. Each and every commenter (other than ME) will be automatically considered a contestant in today’s competition. Just who will go home? Who will lobby in the comments section of today’s post to stay? Will WFME readers vote for their favorite commenter to be voted out (because they’re competitive) or will they vote for their biggest enemy commenter nemesis to go?

And just exactly what are the stakes?

The commenter who ends up getting the most votes from readers will be kicked out of WFME, and not allowed to comment on any WFME post until September.

Their IP address and e-mail address will be flagged through this blog so no matter what they try, they will be unable to comment. They will be treated with the disrespect that most reality show contestants get when they too, are voted off a show. They will be evicted from that which is WFME.

Any reader of this blog can vote. Even those who are up on the block. But you will only have one (1) vote and one vote only. Vote for the person you want to be kicked off WFME by submitting their name via the contact form. Voting will be active until Midnight PST. At Midnight, WFME will tally the results and contact the individual who has been voted off for a one-on-one interview that will accompany the results-post on the blog the following day.

Oh and there’s one more twist. There’s a blog immunity up for grabs. When someone votes via the contact form — if they’re the secret nth person to vote they will get the immunity. If they’re up on the block, they can use it on themselves. If they’re not, they can give it to someone to save them. The minute you’re this person, you’ll get an e-mail asking you what you want to do. Voila!

So…just who will be voted off WFME?

Will alliances form between co-commenters?

Who will be banished from commenting for the rest of the month?

Like most booted reality-show contestants, will this evicted WFME-r actually have something good come out of the whole depressing situation?

Will commenters thrust into this drama desperately use the comments section of this post to direct people away from them and towards others instead?

Who will be backdoored?

Who will be angry?

Who will emerge as the puppetmaster of it all?

It will be the most groundbreaking blog eviction ceremony to ever take place.

And you, my friends, will be right in the middle of it all.

Good luck!

Update: The person to vote in the pre-determined nth spot was Nicole — who, as a result, has snagged the one IMMUNITY card. That means, you cannot vote for Nicole. She is safe! A stunning turn of events especially after Meme went after Nicole and the conflict raged on. Congrats Nicole!

50 comments on “Today We Will Vote Out One Of Yesterday’s Commenters

1. better safe than sorry - August 10, 2006 at 3:32 am -

oh oh, i didn’t comment on that blog and i don’t watch any of those shows. i’m going to have to say ********, because you did tell us how you really felt. sorry ********, maybe you can win the immunity contest?

2. Pauly D - August 10, 2006 at 4:22 am -

If you’re going to vote, you vote by submitting the name via the contact form — not in the comments section. That way, it’s a secret vote until the reveal.

I have edited out BSTS’s vote for now.

You can, however, use this comment area to coordinate your alliances and discuss strategy on how to evict the person you’d like to oust.

3. Peter - August 10, 2006 at 5:16 am -

Ha! I didn’t post yesterday!

Guess i made that alliance for nothing now.

4. Kevin - August 10, 2006 at 6:54 am -

Yay! I’m so glad I refrained from commenting yesterday! I’m safe at WFME!!!

5. Julia Farley - August 10, 2006 at 7:17 am -

I stand by my post, holding one huge bowl of drug laden sugar puffs, a joint and a bottle of vodka (no, not really). If voted off I will sulk in silence for the duration and come back with more catawamptious caterwallin’ in September. I think that posting to WFME is protected under the constitutional right of pursuit of happiness!

*waddles off to vote*

6. susan - August 10, 2006 at 7:25 am -

Strategy…. Hmmm…. can’t make alliances with unknown thousands of readers… can’t rally votes against another commenter without looking like a desperate bully which could backfire… should I throw myself on the chopping block – NO! -commenting on WFME is the only thing I have! (no, I’m not trying for the pathetic vote) Lay low and not comment at all, which has worked for many Survivor contestants – no – not my style at all. I can only hope for immunity.

7. Bre - August 10, 2006 at 7:30 am -

Pfew! I’m safe. Will there be a “power of veto” competition or a reward challenge?!

8. Rebecca H - August 10, 2006 at 7:37 am -

Bring it! I’m not scared.

9. Hilary - August 10, 2006 at 8:18 am -

Pauly, have you no fear of retaliation? What if the banned person then in turn bans you? Hmmm…

10. Pauly D - August 10, 2006 at 8:20 am -

Hil – I’m just doing my best Julie Chen here. And do the contestants of Big Brother hate Julie Chen? No. She’s just running the thing. She’s not doing the voting.

Which reminds me – even if you didn’t comment yesterday, you still get a VOTE in today’s eviction competition. Everyone votes! But it’s just the commenters who get booted.

11. Meme - August 10, 2006 at 8:54 am -

First of all, I’d like to point out that while I may have been the first commentor on yesterday’s post that does not automatically mean I should be the first voted off. My comment was witty and endearing…and frankly in any survival situation it is best to keep at least one person who can be smart, concise and empathetic towards the others…am I right?

As for the other commentors…well, Keith is clearly a troublemaker, Nicole-one word: too wordy, Alison drools-‘nuf said, Suze strikes me as the back-stabbing type. Though I wouldn’t mind hanging out with Julia Farley for her sheer brilliance (and the possiblity that she may have the good drugs), Brooke-because she looks good in a bikini and that’s good for ratings, and Janet cause she’s not afraid of you and I need a tough chick on my side.

Then again maybe I could work Keith’s shortcomings to my advantage…and perhaps Suze could act as my hench(wo)man. Humm…tough decision. I need to really think about this.

*I LOVE you all…Please don’t vote me off.

12. James Cooper - August 10, 2006 at 9:05 am -

Doh, the one time I decide to crawl out of my shell and comment I get sucked into a reality show. Well, off to review the comments and cast my vote!

13. The Centaur - August 10, 2006 at 9:06 am -

Paul, this is a groundbreaking idea. I just hope you have a marketable catch phrase lined up for when someone is dismissed.

“You’re fired” is taken. Same with “The council has spoken.”

Here are some options to consider:
    “Buh bye.”
    “See ya, wouldn’t wanna be ya!”
    “See you in hell.” (my favorite)

14. dgm - August 10, 2006 at 9:08 am -

no comment.

15. Pauly D - August 10, 2006 at 9:11 am -

Centaur – How about: “You are no longer master of this domain!”

16. monkeyinabox - August 10, 2006 at 9:13 am -

I think after my comment on this post:

your-fitness-equipment

I earned lifetime immunity from being voted off.

Don’t you think?

17. Nicole - August 10, 2006 at 9:44 am -

Meme- one word for you: “too wordy” is two words.

And let me point out to all the other voters here at WFME that Meme’s comment today is far more wordy than mine yesterday. Can you spell hypocrite? Yes: M-E-M-E.

18. Meme - August 10, 2006 at 9:59 am -

ooooh Nicole, I’m shaking in my two boots. You don’t scare me cause anyone who can’t sense irony will NEVER survive in a comment smack-down-vote-out-competition-to-the-death. I eat people like you for breakfast, with cereal.

And while we’re at it…let me give you the skinny on Mr. J Cooper: He’s not who he says he is, playing all innocent…I know who you are and I don’t like it.

19. susan - August 10, 2006 at 10:12 am -

Look at the transparent tactics of those two, trying to look bitchy in order to get voted off (and thereby scoring the interview with Pauly). Pathetic. Don’t feed in to their sad little tricks, vote with your conscience fellow readers.

20. Nicole - August 10, 2006 at 10:21 am -

Competetive, yes. Prone to defending myself when attacked without provocation, yes. Trying to keep my comment priveleges on this site, yes. Bitchy, hardly.

21. Pauly D - August 10, 2006 at 10:24 am -

JUST AS AN FYI: It seems that Nicole has snagged the IMMUNITY CARD after voting in the pre-determined nth spot. This means that you cannot vote for her and that she is safe.

22. Nicole - August 10, 2006 at 10:35 am -

And this is why I love Pauly D. Now I can sleep tonight, knowing that my comment priveleges at WFME are safe.

23. sandra - August 10, 2006 at 10:39 am -

Shouldn’t they all have to eat slugs or bungee jump or something? Hmm. Maybe I’ll pick the person who looks most inclined to do both…

24. Kevin - August 10, 2006 at 10:48 am -

Ooohhhhh… that Nicole! Next round, people! She gets voted out just because she had immunity this round!!!

AANIR2 (Alliance Against Nicole In Round 2)… line starts here!

25. Nicole - August 10, 2006 at 10:56 am -

Kevin- that’s not very nice. I didn’t even vote for you! Maybe rather than forming an alliance against me, you should consider allying with me next time since I won the immunity this time. Clearly I have skills. Or luck. Either way, stuff that could be beneficial in the next round. I’m not making any specific threats yet — but I will say that perhaps it’s a better strategy to be on my good side…

26. Meme - August 10, 2006 at 10:58 am -

What an interesting turn of events.

Ok people, I’ve started lifting weights and I’m honing my breath-holding skills for any underwater challenges.

Also, if you don’t vote me off I promise to wear nothing but french maid outfits.

27. Kevin - August 10, 2006 at 11:09 am -

But I can’t be voted out because I didn’t comment in the Lucky Charms post. Oh wait, the rules may change.

Damn!

No more alliance against Nicole!

Will you be my friend? I did help you win a copy of Pauly’s book after all. 😉

28. Alison - August 10, 2006 at 11:14 am -

Oh, geez. What day is it? August 10th?

What the hell, I’ll vote.

29. fringes - August 10, 2006 at 11:16 am -

Great idea. What a fun challenge.

If you’re still looking for your catch-phrase, “you’re banned…until September” could work.

30. Nicole - August 10, 2006 at 11:24 am -

Kevin- for your help in securing me an advance, signed copy of Pauly D’s new book, I definitely owe you something. I suppose friendship will do just fine. Plus, then we can ally against someone else!

31. Dave2 - August 10, 2006 at 11:28 am -

Wait a second. I just voted and, after my message was sent, I get a confirmation which reads “Thanks for contacting us.”

US?!?

Is Pauly A) totally schizophrenic, B) think he is royalty, or C) have “Team Davidson” handling the more mundane chores from his blog (like counting votes)?

32. Amy - August 10, 2006 at 11:34 am -

I’m curious as to what brought today’s post on as a topic. It’s intriguing, nonetheless.

33. treespotter - August 10, 2006 at 12:22 pm -

i am nice and i been described as charming. i will be very careful at commenting from now on.

i am not blonde.

34. James Cooper - August 10, 2006 at 12:35 pm -

Ah, er, eh, I’m not who I say I am?!?

Great, last time I was accused of that I was sent to a resort in Guantanamo…

35. Meme - August 10, 2006 at 1:15 pm -

See what I mean everyone?!?! Mr. “J Cooper” makes a last ditch effort to conceal his true identity.

Just you wait…this whole thing will unfold and the sordid truth with come out. You know, like what exactly “Nicole” did to get immunity. I’m getting reports from the front line and trust me when I say, nothing is as it appears.

Long Live MEME!!

36. Iggy Noramus - August 10, 2006 at 1:48 pm -

Can we vote you out, Pauly?

37. Nicole - August 10, 2006 at 1:55 pm -

What Nicole (no quotes are needed, Meme, as this is my real name) did to get immunity is get lucky. And not in the way you are surely thinking and undoubtedly meant to imply. For the first time in my life, I had a little bit of good luck today. Maybe with a better attitude it could be you next time.

38. Nicole - August 10, 2006 at 2:00 pm -

Pauly D- I’m curious…what is your record for comments on a single post? ‘Cause this one seems to be pretty hot, and the day’s only half over! Maybe we can set a new record!

39. Julia Farley - August 10, 2006 at 2:16 pm -

Jesscheckinin,

Ah. I see the bloodletting has begun. Spurs are out of the oven and flanks are fryin’. Now, what say we get some chocolate pudding and a wading pool and settle this thing once and for all, eh?

40. susan - August 10, 2006 at 2:42 pm -

Lifting weights? Breathing underwater? Chocolate pudding is for eating not writhing around in. Nope, I’m reading the dictionary, because commenting is all about the WORDS. The words for our enjoyment!

41. susan - August 10, 2006 at 2:51 pm -

Oh, and Pauly, or should I just address you as
    “Ultimate Puppetmaster”? – I can’t wait to see the next “big surprise twist” you most assuredly have up your devious sleeve. Are you really Fabio? Will someone win a million dollars? Who IS the Mole?

42. Pauly D - August 10, 2006 at 3:36 pm -

Nicole – Actually this post had over 140 comments.

We’re (yes Dave2, we) are getting loads of votes today – my inbox is filled with them. It’s going to be a very interesting outcome as of Midnight PST tonight.

43. Nicole - August 10, 2006 at 4:27 pm -

And I had such high hopes for being part of a record-setting post. But 140 comments? That is impressive!

44. Meme - August 10, 2006 at 4:50 pm -

Nikki, Nikki, Nikki!! You are too easy to get riled up…way too easy.

Julia’s got the right idea…duke it out with sweet slippery chocolatey goodness. Who’s with me? I’m putting on my leotard right now, see you all in the ring.

45. Keith - August 10, 2006 at 8:14 pm -

Meme says I’m a troublemaker. To that, I respond, “Thank you, Captain Obvious!” Think of it this way: Would you rather have someone around who’s fun and can keep you amused by wreaking havoc here and there, or would you rather have someone who goes around stating the obvious all the time which is absolutely no fun at all? I put it to you, friends — isn’t this an indictment of our entire way of life? Well, I’m not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America! [gets up and walks out, humming “The Star-Spangled Banner”]

46. Keith - August 10, 2006 at 8:15 pm -

Oh, and by the way, Meme’s been slinging way too much crap in here and calling other people names all day. And she says I’m the troublemaker? Hello, pot, meet kettle!

47. Nicole - August 10, 2006 at 9:25 pm -

Meme, Meme, Meme!! Riled up? Hardly. Don’t flatter yourself, and don’t take my competitiveness so personally! But now that you’ve called me Nikki, beware of the hitman I keep on staff for this very offense.

48. C(h)ristine - August 11, 2006 at 9:30 am -

you mean there is a risk involved in commenting here?! i’m scared, very scared!

49. cutiepie - August 12, 2006 at 8:22 pm -

Yowsa! I am not on here for a few days and all hell breaks loose!!
    I had to break out the pop corn for these comments! Go Nicole! It’s your birthday! LOL

50. Anita Charm - August 17, 2006 at 12:22 pm -

Oh… too late for the cake(((