The Continuing Saga of Star Jones

Yesterday’s post about Star Jones joining WFME sure ruffled a lot of feathers, especially those of my regular readers.

Other people that had never come to this site in the first place left disparaging comments about Star and it started to make me question my choice in asking her to join us here at WMFE in August. But then I realized that I was letting the gossip and the press and the chaos get to me. I decided a perfect solution would be to get Star to potentially write a blog entry about why she made the choice so everyone could see how her intentions were good.

I didn’t get her to do that, but she said it would be OK for me to post the phone call I had with her this morning about this whole chaotic scenario. You can listen to our phone call here.

15 comments on “The Continuing Saga of Star Jones

1. Hilary - June 30, 2006 at 10:49 am -

You are going to shine! (Is that what she kept saying?)

2. Pauly D - June 30, 2006 at 10:52 am -

Yeah. That’s her trademark rallying cry.

3. susan - June 30, 2006 at 12:01 pm -

Pauly, Star or no Star, please promise you will never stop blogging. You slay me.

4. ginger - June 30, 2006 at 12:29 pm -

Oh, Paulie, I totally love you. You’re MY star!

5. elizebeth - June 30, 2006 at 12:59 pm -

Ok, I get it…….
    Maybe I WILL come back now. Sheesh! And the calendar isnt even April 1st!

6. Bekah - June 30, 2006 at 1:34 pm -

Without your posts I would have no idea that there was a Star Jones saga. There just hasn’t been any other media coverage. Thanks for keeping me informed about minor celebrities.

7. Averett - June 30, 2006 at 3:27 pm -

This was linked on another website (televison without pity) and I had to check it out. Brilliant. Well played, sir. Now to read your other stuff!

8. Shae - June 30, 2006 at 3:48 pm -

First off who do you think you are? Star is going through a tramatic time in her life and you are concerned about some second rate “blog” —OBVIOUSLY for your own YOUR career. And before you even say it-when I clicked on this link, I thought it was a telephone interview for cnn or something. I guess you got your “blog” by posting the conversation on your website. That should generate a lot of comments. SHE DOESN’ T OWE YOU, BARBARA WALTERS, OR ABC ANYTHINGS. She’s done her time.You heard the woman on CNN–it will not be a circus. So you can take off your top hat and find another town to set up in.

9. Star - June 30, 2006 at 3:52 pm -

Paul,

I cannot believe that you aired this call without my permission. Furthermore, it is illegal to record my call without first telling me. Please remove it promptly or you’ll be hearing from my lawyers. Feel free to contact me with any questions: Star@PaylessShoes.com

Best,
    Star Jones

PS: I also cannot believe that you wear parachute pants. Had I known that, we never would have been in negotiations in the first place.

10. jacquie - July 1, 2006 at 4:29 am -

Wow, what a convincing argument. I’m so glad you two were able to iron things out.

11. Just a crazy woman - July 1, 2006 at 12:29 pm -

Brilliant. Simply brilliant.

12. missy - July 2, 2006 at 6:22 am -

love star, didn’t care to hear the phone call.

13. JosephNYC - July 3, 2006 at 11:19 am -

That phone conversation was funny. I almost believed it was real. Good editing.

14. monika - July 6, 2006 at 7:02 pm -

It doesnt bother me one bit if star jones left That Boring show..But isnt it time for Babs to also retire? as in Capital letters RETIRE!! for goodness Sake’s Babs looks like an old dinosaur ..Its more like the viewers got tired of listening to babs ANNOYING voice.. didnt anybody think about that?..Star Jones has the right to either disclose about her ‘sudden weightloss’ or not ..what about that other fatso before..Kirsty Alley so what if they lost weight that doesnt mean Rosie O’Lesbian has a say about star jones getting thinner..its more like rosie ‘O lesbian got envious because she is still round like a balloon no offense to the lezzies but hey! Rosie ‘O lesbian curb your mouth a bit. You are the loudest gay celebrity!! Celebs ! are nothing but a bunch of spoiled sudden rich rotten to the core type of ppl. what happens if public stop being so stupid and not buy what these spoiled celebs are selling ..mostly their bodies ..then no more money to prance around in their prada and versace .paris hilton ..GET A LIFE!!!and a real job!!

15. Teri - December 19, 2006 at 8:19 am -

I am happy for Star Jones, and much love and success! and may God enrichly bless you!

St. Louis, Mo.