Words For Your Enjoyment: More Lost Blogs

It may be enjoyable for you or it may not.

But that being said, who can really fully enjoy words anyway? I mean, sure you can enjoy sentences and paragraphs, but are there really any words worthy of singular enjoyment?

Sure, epiglottis comes to mind as a word I enjoy endlessly…but are there a lot? Nah, probably not.

So, instead of debating the positives and negatives of singularly-enjoyable words, I decided to catch those interested parties up on the wonderful words being printed and brodcasted about my two and a half week old book The Lost Blogs. Click through to catch a recap of some wonderful press.

Television Press
Last week was a good week for TV press for the book. You can now watch the video interviews from my appearances on ESPN’s Cold Pizza and MSNBC’s The Most with Alison Stewart. Both were great experiences and were shot while I was in NYC — although the Cold Pizza interview was more fun for me since I got my face slathered with make-up. Yes, I’ll admit it. But only for a week, then I’ll delete that sentence off the blog.

Radio Press
I’ve done a slew of radio interviews since the book has come out, and while I don’t have audio clips for a majority of them (yesterday’s MANCOW appearance is coming), here’s a selection of some of the good ones:

ESPN’s All Night
WXYT’s The G-3 Show
KDKA’s Sports Talk
The Jody Mac Show

Newspaper & Magazine Press
While there’s also been a great deal of magazine and newspaper press, here’s a selection of some of the pieces I was able to get scanned copies of:

YRB Magazine
The Chicago Sun Times
Sports Illustrated
The Minneapolis Star Tribune

As always, you can keep up to date on this kind of press at the Official Lost Blogs press page.

6 comments on “Words For Your Enjoyment: More Lost Blogs

1. Jacquie - May 26, 2006 at 9:21 am -

I tried to watch the Cold Pizza clip a week ago and it wasn’t working for me. I could hear it but not see it. I will try again. Is there any way I can watch it on Windows Media Player? I would like to see your face slathered with makeup. (now you will have to delete my message too.)

2. Pauly D - May 26, 2006 at 9:29 am -

Jacquie – The file will probably never be available for Windows Media Player, only Quicktime. Although I am trying to re-encode the video into morse code. I figure that could be fun.

3. Jacquie - May 26, 2006 at 9:37 am -

Ooooh, thanks. Once I find the website to translate Morses Lost Blog, I will be able to watch Cold Pizza in Morse also. Thanks so much for making my life easier!!!

4. Jacquie - May 26, 2006 at 9:42 am -

The software needed to play this Quicktime file is missing. Unfortunately the file is not found on the Quicktime server????

If I can’t find QT software on the QT server, where do I go from here?

Anyone else having issues watching Pauls CP interview?

Anyone trying to figure out what my initials mean?

Hello? Technical Support??!! A perfect opportunity for another podcast, I’m thinking. Paul, what’s your Tech Support Line????

5. Kevin - May 26, 2006 at 10:39 am -

I can’t watch them either. But I think that’s because he has it encoded for the most recent version of Quicktime which is incompatible with any version of Mac OS X prior to X.4 Tiger. I’ll have to wait until I get home and can try it on a machine that should be able to run it.

6. JM - May 26, 2006 at 11:26 am -

I enjoy the word Madagascar.

Just saying.

(Congrats on all the press!)