Airlines, Podcast, Airlines

With all my recent air travel, it has come to my attention that these wonderfully human automated phone servants still suck the big one as evidenced here.

At a spry two minutes, this one won’t kill your bandwidth.

[Want to subscribe to the WFME Podcast via iTunes? Click here.]

15 comments on “Airlines, Podcast, Airlines

1. Dave - May 23, 2006 at 7:37 pm -

Man….am I glad I used the facilities before listening to that. Otherwise, I may have just soiled myself.

2. Bre - May 23, 2006 at 8:43 pm -

I swear that’s the same lady who talks me through changing my UPS delivery schedule. She’s just as bad as that job.

3. Pauly D - May 23, 2006 at 8:49 pm -

I want to meet and interview the woman who does this voice. Seriously.

4. Pierce - May 24, 2006 at 12:56 am -

Hahahahaha.

Why do they make it sound like a normal conversation? Why are they going out of their way to make this seem like a person you can talk to? I was just beginning to recognise the robots.

Next available representative? Is she passing you to another robot? Is the robot suggesting that she’s a representative herself? Is this self-awareness? Because that’s the first step to the machines taking over. And we all know where that ends up.

Johnny 5.

5. Pauly D - May 24, 2006 at 5:53 am -

Johnny 5 is alive.

Man, where’s El Debarge when you need them?

6. Thoughtsgalore - May 24, 2006 at 6:54 am -

Ooooh Myyyyy Goooood….
    That totally satisfied the enjoyment part. Coffee and your blog…hmmm not a good combo. 🙂

7. Susan - May 24, 2006 at 7:09 am -

Have fun at the Belgradian Jubilee!

8. kusems - May 24, 2006 at 9:43 am -

You are so mean to that poor robot! You were trying to confuse her on purpose. Call her back right now and apologize, then ask her out to coffee, just to show you really didn’t mean any harm. I’ll bet she even lets you choose the city.

9. Kevin - May 24, 2006 at 2:15 pm -

That is the best one yet!

Enjoy your flight to Moline, Yugoslavia.

10. Cathy - May 25, 2006 at 12:53 pm -

Paul, I have spoken with this woman over the phone (and I don’t mean in the automated way..)

Ya gotta cut down on the filler words, man! take out all the “I believe it’s..” and she’ll do much better, I promise. 🙂

11. Jacquie - May 25, 2006 at 1:05 pm -

No disassemble number 5????

Now you’re harrassing computers??? Have you no limits???

PS… that was totally funny!!! Thanks for sharing that!!!

12. Jennifer - May 26, 2006 at 8:50 am -

If you think the airline lady is bad, you should try the lady they have over at the health insurance comapines. I have to talk to those automated “people” all day and it never get’s better. They will even give you attitude if you don’t get the answers right. Like “I could not understand your answer, please speak more clearly next time”, and believe me it gets no better once you get to a “human”. You get someone over in India with a name like “Mary” who tries to help you, but you can’t understand so you slam the phone down and just send the patient the bill and let them deal with the headache.

My job sucks, guess that is why I have to read your blog everyday to help me get though. The podcast helped me today.

13. Eve - May 26, 2006 at 2:40 pm -

I could swear that robot was agitated with you at the end when she had to transfer you to the next available representative. She’s probably upset because she knows her days are numbered with each transfer she’s forced to make.

Don’t make her job harder than it already is. Let’s face it, before she knows it, some robot in India will have her job and she’ll be forced to go back to Human Simulation school to become better educated.

14. Erin MJ - May 27, 2006 at 11:44 pm -

That’s horrible!! I nearly died laughing when she repeated your trip info back to you the first time. Lol.

… and I love how she says “My apologies!” all perky like. Notice she doesn’t apologize the second time. She must have been losing patience with you.

15. Kathleen - June 11, 2006 at 1:09 pm -

Finally! – I got to listen to this one. ironically sitting in an airport waiting.

very funny 🙂