This is the post where bulletpoints figure prominently.
First and foremost, before the bulletpoints begin figuring prominently I’d just like to say that I wish people who wrote blogs would give you more notice before they unloaded a whole post filled with bulletpoints on you. A post of bulletpoints means all you’re gonna get is like a list of uninteresting crap that all couldn’t fill one entire post, but together they do. A bulletpointed post is the same as a poo poo platter at a Chinese restaurant. You get a little of everything and you’re still hungry when you’re done.
That’s why I figured I’d warn you that this is the post where bulletpoints figure, um, prominently.
- Last night was The Lost Blogs book signing at Barnes & Noble in Santa Monica, California. It was a great mental kickoff to some of the other events coming up this week — and I want to thank everyone who came out for it. We packed the room, sold a good amount of books (70+) and even had a few laughs. The hardest part was coming up with enough unique ways to sign all those different books.
- After some extensive thought, I have decided that I would much rather get hit in the head with a kangaroo instead of an anvil. Let’s just say some real world events swayed me in my decision.
- Today I jump on a plane and wing my way to New York City (which used to be called New Amsterdam, by the way, although why they changed it I can’t say even though I think people liked it better that way) to do some press for the book. I’ll be on ESPN2’s Cold Pizza on Monday morning, doing MSNBC on Tuesday morning (to air later next week) and I’m currently scheduled to do some radio interviews as well (which you can keep up to date on the Official Lost Blogs site).
- I’ve decided that if there was a category or job for “guy who can make it look like his ship just got hit by a missle” that I would be one of the prominent professionals in that world. I’ve watched many shows lately in which people are flying in spaceships and they get hit by a missle and have decided that my equilibrium issues allow me to better sway and adjust my balance than the best of them. FYI.
- WFME pal Jessica Stover finally has a trailer up on her blog for the book she self-published and is still selling on her site. The movie trailer for the book contains cameos by many bloggers, including myself. I am credited as “Himself (But Russian).” If you watch it, don’t hold me responsible for the horrible Russian accent. It was on purpose, FYI.
- Although I didn’t fully come out and say it, you may or may not have realized through some of my recent posts that I did in fact accidentally kill my hamster Sleepy when I was a child. See, the thing is, I don’t necessarily think it was my fault in causing him the pneumonia and then dying because he chose to make his bed right under the water bottle. If I happened to squeeze the bottle and drop water on his little tail which would make him shiver and stuff (and which eventually would cause him to get sick and die) he should have moved so he didn’t get wet. I mean, I would never put a bed under a huge water bottle. Although, I did used to live in a townhouse where the bedroom was directly under the hot tub. But still. That’s warm water, not cold. Anyway, forgive me, just in case it was my fault.
- Believe it or not, I’m walking on air.
Those are the bullets. That is the post. Thank you for watching.