Illustrated Words

Let the games begin.

The May 1st issue of Sports Illustrated hits stands tomorrow, and includes a mention about The Lost Blogs in their Scorecard section.

And now I’d like to take this opportunity (and all this extra space which I never have) to let everybody know that if you’ve never tried a cream cheese and jelly sandwich, to definitely go home right now and make one on white bread of some kind. Okay, thanks.

13 comments on “Illustrated Words

1. Karl - April 25, 2006 at 6:23 pm -

Cool deal about the S.I. mention. I was thinking about your upcoming book release next month. Didn’t you start your blog to promote “Consumer Joe?” Just wondering…how much of an effect does your online presence have on your book sales? Is there any way of knowing that? Do you think that your sales were higher as a result?

I dunno, you mentioned recently that you were going to post a lot more entries about “The Lost Blogs” and it was something I thought might be interesting.

2. Dave2 - April 25, 2006 at 6:48 pm -

I’ve had a peanut butter and cream cheese sandwich on white bread… does that count? Everything goes better with cream cheese.

3. the swede - April 25, 2006 at 6:59 pm -

Mmm… cream cheese…

Damn this lactose intolerance of mine!

4. Jacquie - April 25, 2006 at 7:23 pm -

Cream cheese with hot pepper jelly on crackers is so yummy.

5. Jacquie - April 25, 2006 at 7:23 pm -

PS… congrats on all the promos! You deserve it.

6. mikey - April 25, 2006 at 7:48 pm -

Cream cheese rocks. I need to have one. BTW Congrats on the “Sports Illustrated.” BTW did you notice the word lust in Illustrated.

7. Neil - April 25, 2006 at 8:49 pm -

“Sporting News,” always playing catch-up with Sports Illustrated, has an interesting new front cover: Ten Reasons Why “The Lost Blogs” is More Interesting Than the NBA Draft”

8. Pauly D - April 25, 2006 at 9:12 pm -

Karl – Suprisingly (or not), I started my blog in August of 2003 in preparation of the release of Consumer Joe in September of that year, but you’ll notice there’s no blog entries from August to December. And the blog I had at that time was off in the middle of nowhere and got maybe 5 visitors a week.

A lot has happened in my life since that first book was published. From magazine writing to NPR contributing to a really great community of readers & commenters via this site (which was moved here in July of ’05) — and I think that The Lost Blogs will completely benefit from the online presence. And especially since it’s a book about blogs, I’ve got to believe that the online component will make a difference.

That being said, I will be writing about the process of publicizing and marketing a book as it happens over the next few months. I’ll be involved in a national radio tour, national TV appearances (which I’ll announce once dates are confirmed) and major newspaper and magazine press. You’ll hear all about it and the experiences involving such things.

In a funny way, of course.

9. Bre - April 26, 2006 at 4:51 am -

I feel like I’d be more excited for you if I had ever opened a sports illustrated in my life…

But anyway – my cousin existed on those sandwiches until he was about 10 years old – they’re pretty good, but not that good!

10. Susan - April 26, 2006 at 7:12 am -

Paul, so great that you are getting press for your book! One thing confused me, the “imagined” e-ramblings reference. What, aren’t they aware of the authenticity of WOMP? Straighten SI out, will you?

11. Susan - April 26, 2006 at 7:16 am -

Oh, also, I would like to highly recommend cream cheese on raisin bread sandwich.

12. junaid - April 26, 2006 at 7:19 am -

I’m tempted to try that cream cheese and jelly sandwich, but the last time I took your advice (in “I’m so street”), all I got was a bruised mojo…wrench your hand around your mojo and pull, indeed…

13. JM - April 26, 2006 at 1:01 pm -

Paul Davidson is famous in magazines and on TV!

Get your first editions while you can. 😉