If ‘Field of Dreams’ Happened to Me

If Field of Dreams happened to me, I wouldn’t be typing this right now.

That’s primarily due to the fact that if I went around telling people that I was hearing whispering voices telling me that if I built it they would come and that sometimes they would whisper to me that I should go the distance, I’m pretty sure someone from the county would say something like, “Yeah, we’ll make sure you go the distance buddy,” while putting me in a straight-jacket that restricted by hands and disallowed me from typing in this blog.

At least, that would be the case if Field of Dreams happened to me.

11 comments on “If ‘Field of Dreams’ Happened to Me

1. Wendi - March 27, 2006 at 8:25 am -

if you walk around with a bucket on you’re head all the time the same thing might happen

2. Jacquie - March 27, 2006 at 8:59 am -

You should do it! I could use the company.

3. Kevin - March 27, 2006 at 9:07 am -

These people live in Iowa. I’m sure if I lived in rural Iowa for any extended period of time, I’d hear voices as well. But I’d welcome them. They’d be a great distraction from the humdrum. Heck, I lived in “urban” Iowa (and I use that term loosely) and I still would’ve welcomed the voices.

I wouldn’t brag about them, though. Just cut down the damn corn if you’re not going to buy a car that works on ethanol already.

4. The Centaur - March 27, 2006 at 9:17 am -

You’re probably right, but I don’t know if hearing voices is enough anymore. I think you’d have to mow a pentagram into your cornfield or something.

5. nic - March 27, 2006 at 9:43 am -

That was one long post! I hope you didn’t strain anyhting.

6. Nicole - March 27, 2006 at 12:15 pm -

If they put all the crazy people in straight-jackets then we would no longer be subjected to the humor that is Tom Cruise, and wouldn’t that be a shame? I think you’ll probably be safe from the loony bin anyway as I hear hearing voices is the new “in” thing.

7. better safe than sorry - March 27, 2006 at 12:42 pm -

if you hear voices, it’s probably just the cows.

8. mattlandia himself - March 27, 2006 at 12:55 pm -

Yeah, “build it and they will come”. ‘They’ being people in white coats with drugs.

9. Alissa - March 27, 2006 at 1:24 pm -

Some people might think you’re a modern day prophet or something though – you could go on the Tony Danza Show – oh wait, that just got cancelled. Balls.

10. Pauly D - March 27, 2006 at 1:28 pm -

The Tony Danza Show just got cancelled!?

Talk about the world being insane.

11. Belinda - March 31, 2006 at 11:22 am -

We cannot watch this movie without my husband demanding to know whether or not I’d believe in him and support him, as Costner’s character’s wife did, or if he’d be on the first available transport to the mental hospital.

I deflect these questions, as is best for the preservation of our marriage.