The Best Of Words

Another year of words has passed us by.

Last year we took a look at the year’s best from Words For My Enjoyment according to me. And now, here we sit (or stand, or crouch, or half-kneel/crouch) by the computer with another 400+ posts in the hopper.

For new WFME readers and those who have stood by in the past two and a half years — I give you, yet again, a look back at some of the best that ever was, ever has been, ever will be and ever can be. (By the way, I’m shedding a tear as I write this.)

WFME’s Best Of…

January 2005
My Impression of a Doorbell Will So Fool You

February 2005
I Could Be Your Gymnastic Coach

March 2005
Llama vs. Kangaroo: The Debate

April 2005
How My Goatee Transformed My Life (Or, Shaving Accidents)

May 2005
Potato Salad is the New Stalin

May 2005 Bonus Entry (By Popular Demand)
The Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Factor

June 2005
If I Was An Abercrombie & Fitch Model

July 2005
If I Were In ‘The Cutting Edge’

August 2005
Your Car Has a Dent So I’m Staying Away

September 2005
If I Had An English Accent

September 2005 Bonus Entry (By Popular Demand)
Today’s Imaginary Conversation with Kanye West’s Monologue Coach

October 2005
Please Don’t Mangle The Community Butter

November 2005
Mr. T Likes The Double-Shot Espresso

December 2005
If I Was a Hotshot Rock Climber

To all the readers of WFME, a year of thanks for your humor, community and participation in a twelve-month period that can only be surpassed by 2006. No, really. It will.

I swear.

18 comments on “The Best Of Words

1. annabel lee - December 31, 2005 at 7:40 am -

Do you pinky-swear? ‘Cause otherwise, I just don’t believe you.

And Happy New Year, Pauly D.!

2. Dave2 - December 31, 2005 at 8:46 am -

But all of these are dated 2004?!? What kind of trickery is this?

Ah… when you click on them, they are indeed 2005 entries.

For a second there I was worried that 2005 didn’t happen, and I would have to do it all over again.

3. Pauly D - December 31, 2005 at 9:00 am -

Dave – It’s the kind of trickery that gets fixed behind the scenes without anyone else knowing, thus making your comment seem strange, confusing and one that makes no sense.

I am God here.

4. Smoog - December 31, 2005 at 10:36 am -

Thank you ever so much for bringing attention to these. After all, I’m a new reader, and I could have gone through all of 2006 not realizing the dangers lurking within my potato salad otherwise. All right, yes – I know about the excessively warm climate / salmonella connection, but otherwise, not a clue. It may be a cultural thing, this ignorance on my part: here in Canada, the new Stalin has always been beer. In fact, this is so much the case that by the time all the guests arrive, many Canadian BBQs still involve nothing more than grilled dead animals and microbrews. Of course, since Canada’s new Stalin has always been beer, it’s not exactly the new Stalin. It also offers even more tangible proof to you, our southern neighbours, that we Canadians really are commie pinkos, because you’ll never hear anyone here yell, “Down with beer!”

5. Rachel - December 31, 2005 at 12:11 pm -

Thanks for all the words, Pauly. I’ll continue to read in 2006. I only faithfully read seven blogs. Well, seven if you count stuffonmycat.com as a blog.

Happy New Year!

6. inky - December 31, 2005 at 1:02 pm -

Happy New Year from South Dakota… if you ever get this way ….. I’ll buy you a beer. Peace out, inky

7. Melina - December 31, 2005 at 1:56 pm -

Auld Lang Syne, Pauly! *clink*, here’s to something fabulously wonderful for 2006…and *clink*, here’s to more WFME!!! Thanks!

8. Star Effer - December 31, 2005 at 4:16 pm -

word up P-Diddy. Great to peruse the back-issues. I have a question: in four more years will you be doing a “Best of the Decade” retrospective?! That would rock!

Happy New Year.

9. hadashi - December 31, 2005 at 5:53 pm -

someday i will be as cool as you and have enough pithy words on my blog to warrant a yearly retrospective… happy new year, Pauly, and here’s to you sighting more celebs in ’06 for our amusement.

10. Will - December 31, 2005 at 10:56 pm -

Happy New Year, Paul, and good luck in all your endeavors in 2006.

11. the swede - January 1, 2006 at 12:56 am -

Happy New Year to you and yours, Paul! I hope this year will bring you whatever you wish for (unless you wish for world destruction and crap like that.)

2006 will, for me, be filled with a lot more you than 2005. How do I know? Because I just “discovered” your blog about a month ago.

Hurray!

12. better safe than sorry - January 1, 2006 at 5:47 am -

happy new years!

13. Amy - January 1, 2006 at 5:57 am -

Happy New Year! I hope this one is a great one for you.

14. LisaBinDaCity - January 1, 2006 at 8:04 am -

My head is about to explode so I will read your “best of” later.

Happy New Year to you and yours Paul!

15. Pauly D - January 1, 2006 at 9:38 am -

Thanks, all of you! Happy New Year to you too.

16. kartooner - January 1, 2006 at 10:15 am -

Thanks Paul for all the laughs this year. Looking forward to many more this coming New Year.

17. JM - January 1, 2006 at 6:12 pm -

400 posts in one year?

I expect you to triple that this year.

I mean, that’s totally not an obscene lot of posting.

Totally not.

18. Pauly D - January 1, 2006 at 6:23 pm -

JM – Yeah, I’m going for 1000 in 2006. I think I can do it.