The Curse of ‘Princes’

The Princes of Malibu are pissed.

Not only has Brandon and Brody Jenner’s mother Linda filed for divorce this past week from step-dad David Foster, but after only two episodes being aired on FOX — the show is being moved to a less than stellar location called (wait for it)… The Fox Reality Channel!

Heard of it? Have it? Hate it?

Either way, if you enjoyed the show then you’ll be able to catch the remaining four episodes starting this Sunday at 8:30pm ET on the cable channel (DirecTV subscribers have it, I don’t know about the rest of you). If you didn’t enjoy the show then you can revile in the fact that re-runs of The Simpsons will return in its place.

12 comments on “The Curse of ‘Princes’

1. Helena - July 29, 2005 at 11:34 am -

No reflection on the awesome production team ;), but I’ve gotta say those were some of the most loathsome people I’ve ever met through my television. The fact that the mom was always in cahoots made me wonder why on EARTH he would have adopted her and her ill-mannered brats.

I really tried liking Foster, he seemed like a nice enough guy (with his light-leaving-on obsession, and life-lesson anecdotes forced on captive audiences, reminiscent of dads out here in the “real” world)…but I can’t like someone I don’t respect.

2. Pauly D - July 29, 2005 at 11:48 am -

Seems to be the overall feel by a majority of people, although there are those isolated few who wanted to be the family’s best friends!

Still, there’s some fun stuff in the remaining eps, but unless you got Fox Reality Channel, you’ll have to wait for the DVD box set!

3. Alex Blagg - July 29, 2005 at 2:19 pm -

for more on the ‘curse of princes’, see the spin doctors’ massive hit ‘two princes’, which would prove to be their only.

4. Hilary - July 29, 2005 at 4:02 pm -

I love my Reality Channel.

5. Ian - July 29, 2005 at 4:25 pm -

I tell ya what: A good reality show would be a camera crew following *you* around, filming all these fabulously entertaining run-ins you have with celebrities.

6. groovebunny - July 29, 2005 at 5:10 pm -

So are you saying David Foster is soon to be a free man? hmmmm…

I’m sorry to hear about the show. 🙁 Guess I’ll have to wait for the dvd set to find out what happens.

7. bart - July 29, 2005 at 7:13 pm -

Cowabunga, Dudes! There’s never enough time to watch TV when you’re busy voicing-in for cartoons.

Reality Rocks!

8. kristine - July 29, 2005 at 7:44 pm -

dvd set? hahahahahaha!

9. Pauly D - July 29, 2005 at 11:00 pm -

Don’t mock the power of DVD.

10. Neil - July 30, 2005 at 7:23 pm -

I don’t have that channel. If I download the episodes illegally on some torrent site, do you still get residuals?

11. anonymous city girl - July 31, 2005 at 7:10 am -

Sorry about the cancelation (and move) of the show, Pauly.
    I have worked on shows that have closed early… and even when I know the show isn’t good, it sucks when it folds.

IMHO, I think if the boys (and their friends, especially that hanger on that was always with them) had show just a small glimmer of appreciation of the lifestyle provided them, people wouldn’t have been so fast to turn from it. Foster works with some amazing foundations to provide scholarships and such to keep music in schools when arts are getting cut left and right in all schools. The boys love music, the boys were provided a very privleged life, if they had “given back” by working with one of Foster’s foundations, even if just for the PR, it would have bumped up the public image 110%.

And of course… there is never enough Simpsons.

12. Kathleen - August 1, 2005 at 1:57 pm -

and here I thought I missed all the shows…