If I Was An Abercrombie & Fitch Model

If I was an Abercrombie & Fitch model, I would pose a lot.

Most often, I’d stop whatever I was doing when people would walk nearby my rock-hard body and I would lean on something. Usually so that I looked like I was reclining in some kind of way, that made me look like I was relaxing in typical A&F fashion.

I would, of course, never say hello to you — I would do my trademark “upwards head nod” which is a simple nod upwards. No up and down motion. No side to side motion. Just from whichever position my head was currently in when we locked eyes, I would do the quick upwards nod. That means, “Hey, whaddup?” in A&F body language.

I’d probably never set foot in a drug store. As an A&F model, I’d just never go places with flourescent lighting. I’d only go places with mood lighting. Because mood lighting is what makes my fitted T-shirts and baggy, ripped jeans look hot. I’d also probably never drive or park in areas that had those ticket kiosk things. A&F models don’t pay for parking. Valet all the way, baby.

But with all the good times and women in baby-T’s and alternative music playing in my head and surfboards and drawstring pants — there would be one thing about being an A&F model that I would categorically, 110% not be happy with…

The phrase, “I’m an Abercrombie model.”

Why? Because more often than not when you say something to someone they have to say “What did you just say?” because most people are not listening. As a result, when I said the above phrase, people would hear things come out of my mouth like:

I’m a crummy model.
I’m aboriginal bee.
I’m a neighbor. Come bemer, yodel!

What else they’d hear, of course, is anyone’s guess.

126 comments on “If I Was An Abercrombie & Fitch Model

1. Diana - December 30, 2006 at 4:55 pm -

Well the thing about saying “I am an Abercrombie model” correctly without saying it wrong, (or the people just won’t listen), try and say it more clearly! I have a boyfriend who’s an abercrombie model. He’s so hot!!! You’d get a lot of girls that way too! =)

2. Gee - January 7, 2007 at 7:30 am -

Hm this article seems very odd. i dont really understand what you are trying to point out here. All your making me think is that your extremly conceded. There is no “A&F” way to do things. So i really dont know what your on about saying you dont go under florescent lighting. Abercrombie is just another label. Just because you wear their clothing line doesnt make you a different person.

3. jorge - January 15, 2007 at 11:55 am -

hey i wana be a model of abercrombie and fitch

4. ang - January 16, 2007 at 4:19 pm -

ok.. this is getting a little out of control. this blog thing started on june 2nd of 2005 and today is january 15th [[i think]] get over it people. abercrombie models are hot and if you arent good looking then dont bash the people that are good looking to make them feel worse about themselves. im sure they have their own problems just like you do so i dont unerstand how making fun of A&F models is going to help anyone. i love abercrombie and they are mainly all i wear. and no i am not rich. yeah i am pretty and no im not poor. but people are saying only rich people can buy or wear abercrombie and thats not true.

well anyway. today i just went to take some modeling pictures and i really want to get into modeling. and reading some of these comments it seems hard and you need to have confidence and even tho you may get rejected once just keep on trying. it seems like a really fun thing to do so i hope that i can make it far =]

this is kind of getting outrageos tho

5. Juan - January 18, 2007 at 4:29 pm -

Im 17 and i luv A&F they have awesome clothes ! and the way that their stores are are so kool , A&F sell more than clothes they sell a lifestyle . They are the only store that i know that you can hear their music and smell them from three stores away . and yea the majority of the people that work their or model for them are whit but thats because not alot of other races are attracted to that type of lifestyle jsut how not alot of whites are attracted to an urban lifestyle its all about how the person is . To me a girl who is balck hispanic that wears A&F is sooo hott cause u have to have confidence to wear that clothes . Most people bad talk A&F because they dont fit the ” look” they try to sell so they fell beter to make fun of it .

if you like A&F wear it if u dont DONT AND LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE !

6. Art Dodds - January 20, 2007 at 6:29 pm -

“the majority of the people that work their or model for them are whit but thats because not alot of other races are attracted to that type of lifestyle jsut how not alot of whites are attracted to an urban lifestyle its all about how the person is”

I don’t know, I see plenty of white people of all classes emulating “urban” (read black) style. Your comment makes no sense. “Urban” styles certainly influence the shit they put out at A&F.

I think people badmouth A&F because of the way the company makes kids think that they have to spend a lot of money on clothes before they can live a certain “lifestyle”.

I hope that one day you will be free of this delusion Juan.

7. david - January 21, 2007 at 2:03 am -

Hey!!!your a really good model,And to be in fact an Abercrombie and Fitch model!!!I just love A&F clothes they make me look really good. About my hole wardrobe is all Abercrombie, hollister, american eagle, lacoste, polo, ed hardy, armani, D&G, and Gucci. People really want the job you have!to be a model. If I were you I wouldn’t care what people thought about A&F and how the models are half naked!I would just give it my best and do what it takes to be an A&F model!!!

8. allison - February 6, 2007 at 2:17 pm -

you’re obviously not an abercrombie and fitch model, or employee. i am, and all of you bitching about it are probably just bitter because you can’t afford to even step foot into the store and hang out with all of the people you wish you could look like.

9. Jinzee - February 7, 2007 at 7:06 am -

I am a former professional & international model, and I can say that it is a bit dissapointing to hear all the snotty, vain, and self centered attitudes coming from you younger models, and people who want to be models. Thats not what modeling is all about. It’s important to be just as beautiful inside as it is outside. Stop being so superficial. Your attitudes, and fake personification is not good for making contacts, or landing contracts. A&F is nothing, it’s like bubble gum. It’s like having a K-mart on Rodeo drive. The best thing about them is that they have great photographs in their stores. Once you get some real work under your belt you’ll see what I mean. I’m sure this might be a big deal to first timers.

Some of these people are right. Just because someone let you get you foot in the door doesn’t mean that they are great… or that their company is on the up and up. Facts are that A&F over charge for low quality crappy clothing that should be in the bottom of a waste recptacle. Yes … it’s trendy why?.. because everybody wants to be like somebody else, and they would sell their grandmas if it made them popular by doing so.

So beautiful people… stop flaunting what others don’t have off camera, and ugly people stop being so jealous… and learn to appreciate the beauty of others. Stop focusing on what you don’t have, and focus on other things that make you who you are. Looks fade… and then what?. Models… you can’t model forever so you better have a back up plan. By the way… to the ugly people out there. I have modeled with some very ugly people, it’s amazing what lights, stylists, makeup, and a good photographer can do for a person. Not everyone is looking for picture perfect people either.

Okay … I’ve had my say, and by the way…I prefer Armani.

~Jinzee

10. J - February 18, 2007 at 10:11 am -

I’m a model for abercrombie kids. What people say can be right and wrong aoout the people who work there, just depends on who your talking about. And you dont have to be over 18. I was 16.

11. Alexis - March 11, 2007 at 8:16 am -

i think abercrombie and fitch models are fucKING HOT ! you guys keep on doing what your doing cauuse your the most fucking hot guys ive ever seen *

12. Nana - March 16, 2007 at 12:39 pm -

hey j

I wanna know how is it like being an abercrombie model?

did you have to move to a different state to model for them??

thanks so much !

13. Lora - April 14, 2007 at 11:23 am -

Your sooo hawt! lol 😛 You have to model… I model for the Kids.

14. Nadia - August 8, 2007 at 6:22 pm -

wow, you guys are all retarded. A&F or not, its where the hypermaterialistic shop.

15. Hazel - October 11, 2007 at 5:37 pm -

A&F is obvisouly racist…it dosnt mean I still don’t shop there…it is what it is…and there are so many other issues in the world that I could worry myself with other than abercombies need to tell me I’m not perfect unless I’m blonde. And someone said that there was at least ONE minority in there ads……whhoopppeee! Fucking ONE!…omg you know..you all know!..that if in the whole world if there where other races in a ad and only ONE white person represented and it was a major company all hell would break loose. But I’m not saying that other minorities don’t act crazily in the same situation as we’ll….I’m just saying I’m not going to have some idiot tell me they arnt racist….they are…its just a plain fact that they want to sell the image of rich attractive white kids who “surf” and “lounge at the beach and frolic in HOllISTER/AF clothing”. I mean the whole thing is messed up. Only carrying up to a size 9?…wooww…that’s…that’s kind of mean. I can only go there with my friends that are under that size, if they wanted somthing. I’m not telling AF or HCO to change there sizes….because they would have a heap load of other things to change first….but I’m saying its kinda sad that, that is what is being marketed to young children…this idea that the whiter and more bleached and skinny you are the better.

16. a+f model - October 18, 2007 at 2:05 pm -

this is silly…abercrombie and fitch is not racist…im only 15 but im very tall with long legs about 5ft9.5…very old looking also…ive been asked to model for a+f like everytime i go to a store there and ive been to a feww…ive just turned 15 aswell so this all happened when i was 14 in america in the summer and that was texas which is considered to be very racist…and im mixed raced..white and black sooo i dont know what you guys are on about…ive seen many people of non cacausion background work there…i live in london and there are people of every colour who work there…get your facts right people…a+f is hooooooooot!

17. Syd . - December 9, 2007 at 1:09 pm -

Sooo ,I thought this was about sweatshops . I roll my eyes in your general direction ..

18. Aj - December 29, 2007 at 12:38 pm -

ummm i am an A&F model and i take all the mean stuff u guys say about me to offense why would u insult what a photographer tells you to do its not our fault i happen to be a straight A student and a very active person so maybe i jsut dont fit the stereotype

19. rachel - December 29, 2007 at 11:11 pm -

too bad the people that work there make like 5 bucks an hour.

and i just want to know why the models are half naked. i thought they were advertising clothes?

whatever. there clothes are overpriced & american eagle is better.

20. Tony - January 21, 2008 at 7:39 pm -

Um, I’d have to disagree with all of this “racism” talk about abercrombie and fitch, I work with one black guy, 2 black girls, 2 asian guys, 1 asian girl, and 1 hispanic girl, i am actually the only white person that works at my store, so I don’t see where this is coming from, Abercrombie is a nice store to work at, although id have to say folding clothes is not fun, but hey, fun parties, hot girls, nothing to complain about being 18 years old, making pretty good money.

21. ben - March 2, 2008 at 7:39 am -

Abercrombie and Hollister = the same store 😛

22. camgirl - March 8, 2008 at 7:06 am -

I don’t know why anyone cares to wear a brand that is overpriced and has had discrimination suits against them. There are plenty of other brand name clothing that are less priced. The young people who demand Abercrombie are followers that think they are cool because they wear clothes modeled by young good-looking white people. well, that may be true to the whites, but for the rest of the world, these models aren’t the only good looking people. there are good-looking models of all races so their standards are a bit biased and off.

23. belly - April 11, 2008 at 12:29 pm -

u guys r bitches. A&F is an awesome store i <3 it there. i listen 2 there music all the time, and ehmagawd, i htink there models r HAWTTTTT. btw, im 12 and i kick ass at lax!!! also, codename ali is really hawtt megers

24. anonomous - April 30, 2008 at 3:19 pm -

Hey! I love Hollister sooooooooooooooooooooooo much! Thir clothes are pretty, sexy, and an amazing fit. However, I just found out about the sweatshop thing, how hollister is one. 🙁 I’d like to know ur opinions on it… before u say “o who cares, their clothes r nice n thats all that counts” I want you to research what they do to the children in those sweatshops. i’v already done it and im stumped. I dont know what to do about it. I love Hollister, but the things they do makes me want to cry. Most of u models will probably say who cares n im gonna ignore those. But seriously, should we change this store so that it is sweatshop free? If we do, it will not change the clothing or anything, but it will make ppls lives easier and they will thank us. Imagine being chained to a sewing machine all day, working on clothes that r not 4 u but for some rich folk. u get a needle in ur hand…but nobody cares! u must still work w/ only 2 washroom breaks throughout the day. Now, if that were you, and you somehow managed 2 escape, wud u still say “What the hell, who cares?” I no i wudnt, but i want to know what u think about it. So if ur a stuck up, snobbish bitch, then im sure your just going to skip over this like it doesnt matter. But it does. Lives are killed. 250 million kids are put 2 work. Little food, no family, abuse. How would you like it? I once met a child from the other side of the world… it was the worst thing i ever saw. She had no right arm from her elbow to her hand, her good arm was covered in blisters, and she was bruised, skinny, and pale, so pale. But she still smiled, happy, fighting her past; forgetting. If you want to help these helpless children forget, instead of remember, do some research, donate,get others aware. One day, if that happens to you, and you need a friend, they will be there for you, helping you through every litte thing you need. Why? Because you would be their hero.

>>> Help now… you can make a difference… tell these sweatshops that you dont like what theyre doing. You dont have 2 quit shopping there. Just make sure theyre aware, and maybe, just maybe, we can save a life, and become a hero.

25. anonomous - April 30, 2008 at 3:22 pm -

PLZ DO NOT SKIP WHAT IS ABOVE IT IS VERY VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT!!! IF YOU CARE THEN PLZ HELP!

26. Nicholas - November 23, 2008 at 9:57 am -

I’m an Abercrombie and Fitch “model”…. did you ever stop and think that those people may just be college students trying to make it through? Did you ever stop and think that I could be your son’s lacrosse coach, or your daughter’s church group leader? I can’t speak for all of us, but i’m here for one reason and one reason only: money. All of those gay taglines that are said to you before 15 seconds in the store are predetermined and not optional. We don’t have a choice.