My Head Is Huge

I have one of those bathroom medicine cabinets that allows you to open it up and use that and the front mirror to get a full view of your entire head. I mean, you can see your sideburns, the line of your hair on your neck, your ears — you get the ultimate 3-D view of your skull.

I am extremely distraught that I felt the need to look.

Because while looking at the watermelon that IS my head, I came to the conclusion that indeed my head is the biggest head I have ever seen in all my years on the face of the earth. I mean, I used to think the kid who played Rocky in M.A.S.K. with that huge deformed head had it really bad until I saw my head in the mirror. At least Rocky (played by Eric Stolz and mothered by Cher) had a deformed head that matched his body. Me? I’ve got a head the size of a huge Thanksgiving Day turkey on top of a tiny, skinny frame of a body.

I didn’t tell anyone, until now, that I felt my head was this huge.

Instead, I’d go around asking people to look at my digital pictures and see if anything looked out of the ordinary. I’d stand in front of cardboard cut-outs of other well-known celebrities to see if people noticed the skullular inconsistencies. I would lay my head on people’s laps to see if the weight put too much pressure on their abdomen, causing them to uncontrollably urinate in their pants.

In all of the above situations, except for the urination thing, no one noticed the fact that my head was extremely huge and largely abnormal for a man of my age, stature and weight. I immediately went to see my doctor to ask him about my head. The conversation proves that no one wants to admit to me my head is huge for fear of causing great distress:

Me: Is my head huge, Doc?
Doctor: Your head is perfect, Paul.
Me: No, really. Look at it. It’s way too big for my body.
Doctor: You’ve got a very symmetrical looking head, Paul.
Me: Symmetrically big, sure. But too big for my body, right?
Doctor: People with bigger skulls were known to be smarter in the olden times.
Me: So, you’re saying I have a big skull, then?
Doctor: No, Paul. I’m saying that you’re smart.

I have asked my parents if they thought my skull was too big and their responses have ranged between asking me if my boots are “popular” and if my jeans “are supposed to hang low like that” instead of addressing the head issue. Sure, because I can change my shoes and my jeans but I cannot change the size of my blimp-like noggin.

I have asked my friends if they think my body looks skinny compared to my head and they have simply responded that I shouldn’t get so obsessed about working out and that I should be satisfied with my body type.

Again, everyone disregards or ignores the size of my head.

Well, my medicine cabinet mirror in conjunction with my front bathroom mirror has not. It has, in one swift swing of an open medicine cabinet door revealed the honest truth to my ears, my mouth, my nose and my chin. I have the hugest head out of anyone I have seen.

No wonder hats looks so small. No wonder I can’t find a pair of glasses that look cool. No wonder I always wake up in the middle of the night with my head OFF the pillow. No wonder headrests in cars just hit my neck. No wonder when I sing I hear echoing.

No wonder, no wonder, no wonder.

722 comments on “My Head Is Huge

1. Peter - February 17, 2008 at 7:29 am -

Hi “unproportional head”.
    I’m on the same boat. Well, unfortunatly my boat is worse. Though I’m taller than you – 5’6″ (and I’m short, still) – my head is bigger than yours, too: 22,5.
    And think this way: at least you don’t have plagiocephaly. I do :S
    and besides that I’ve got more unproportional body parts: my legs. I have friends who have exactly the same height as me but have longer legs, while I have a longer torso. It looks like my legs are underdeveloped (that’s probably due to all those years without exercising, between 9 and 18).
    If you’re not happy with the way you look you should visit http://www.bddcentral.com and join the forum. People there are very kind, since they all know what it’s like to be unhappy with our looks. Most of them don’t really have the flaws they see, it’s just the bdd (Body Dismorphic Disorder) talking (sadly it’s not my case. I do have the flaws), but in the end it seems like we’re on the same boat.
    Take care and good luck.

2. sigh - February 17, 2008 at 8:27 pm -

I’m a female teen, 5’2 and my head is 22.5 inches in circumference. I absolutely hate it, my younger sister is fortunate enough to have a small head but I have no idea what went wrong with me. I guess somewhere in the whole cell division and DNA replication process (or whatever it is..science is not my forte), God decided to screw me over. People say I’m quite attractive but I disagree completely. I can’t help but fantasise how having a small head would enhance my appearance enormously. After all, smaller heads are more attractive from most people’s perspectives and it also elongates your body, making you look taller.

I’ve considered jaw reduction surgery and leg surgery for an increase in height via the Ilizarov Technique, in order to make things look more ‘normal’ but it’s just too risky, costly and unrealistic. I wish I could feel better about this whole situation. I think us people have it bad..people with crooked or hook noses, people with a small chest, people with small eyes, people with excess fat, people with acne..they can all have their issues addressed through means of exercise, surgery, a nutritious diet or beauty products! We can’t! And having to face and accept that truth makes it all the more difficult to deal with..

3. sighhh - February 17, 2008 at 8:28 pm -

I’ve considered jaw reduction surgery and leg surgery for an increase in height via the Ilizarov Technique, in order to make things look more ‘normal’ but it’s just too risky, costly and unrealistic. I wish I could feel better about this whole situation. I think us people have it bad..people with crooked/hook noses, people with a small chest, people with small eyes, people with excess fat, people with acne..they can all have their issues addressed through means of exercise, surgery, a nutritious diet or beauty products! We can’t! And having to face and accept that truth makes it all the more difficult to deal with..

4. sigh - February 17, 2008 at 9:11 pm -

My social life is absolute crap. I’m seventeen and I haven’t lived life like a normal teenager should thanks to my flawed appearance. I’ve read most of the comments above and I find it strange how people are complaining about having a big head when their head circumference is similar to mine and they’re about 1.8m (6 foot) in height! I would love to be 10-15cm taller!

I should probably mention that I’m also rather slim; about 45kgs (100lbs) and consequently, look like a walking and talking lollipop… I frequently get the urge to just smash my head against a wall in hope that it would somehow decrease my skull size. I can’t date guys who have smaller heads than me because that wouldn’t look right and it’s just embarrassing..I have to take care when choosing outfits to wear and I can never tie my hair up in public. I really hate myself. I hate this.

5. sigh - February 17, 2008 at 9:19 pm -

6. sighh - February 17, 2008 at 10:01 pm -

7. sigh - February 19, 2008 at 10:17 am -

My social life is absolute crap. I’m sixteen going on seventeen and I haven’t lived life like a normal teenager should thanks to my flawed appearance. I’ve read most of the comments above and I find it strange how people are complaining about having a big head when their head circumference is similar to mine and they’re about 1.8m (6 foot) in height! I would love to be 10-15cm taller!

8. RJ - February 19, 2008 at 6:38 pm -

Hi to all, I also have a gigantic head. I am 19yrs old 5′ 11″, 190lbs and I estimate my head to be between 23″ to 24″ since I have never really wanted to measure my head in fear of becoming even more depressed. As a kid I never got any comments about my head but instead I got made fun of my eyes because my eyes where really big. I was called betty boop because of my eyes (heh maybe this was a sign of things to come) but never big head or anything. As I went into my teens (mostly 16 – now) I got many comments about my head. I realized that my head had grown so big that my eyes now looked small in comparison. I have been called soo many things I don;t even want to remember. I remember in particular in highschool (in college now) I was walking out of a class once the bell sounded and a girl walked up behind me and without a care in the world loudly announced “wow, he has a big head!”. Yeah, I felt like shit the whole day. Some of my welding classmates also used to make fun of me almost daily and constantly at that. I personally think it’s so fucked up how certain people like putting others down. I have never liked to make fun of people even though they make fun of me because I know how it feels to be down. Sometimes I have been close to the edge of making fun of somebody but I realize that the only way to beat them is to be the better person and just ignore them. Don’t get me wrong, I still feel down when they make fun of me but it is not as severe as it used to be.

9. sighhh - February 19, 2008 at 9:27 pm -

10. sighhh - February 19, 2008 at 9:27 pm -

I should probably mention that I’m also rather slim; about 45kgs (100lbs) and consequently, look like a walking and talking lollipop… I frequently get the urge to just smash my head against a wall in hope that it would somehow decrease my skull size. I can’t date guys who have smaller heads than me because that wouldn’t look right and it’s just embarrassing..I have to take care when choosing outfits to wear and I can never tie my hair up in public. I really hate myself. I hate this so much..

11. sighhh - February 19, 2008 at 9:37 pm -

12. sighh - February 19, 2008 at 9:38 pm -

I can’t do much about it. I have long hair. I’m a girl..I can’t bulk up or shave my head or whatever. All I can do is wear heels to make myself look taller. Just like ‘unproportional head’, I too think having a big head makes me look short and stout. It creates the illusion of a shorter neck too. Arghh, there are a myriad of disadvantages and I don’t want to continue listing them because I’m already beginning to feel profoundly depressed..

13. sighh - February 19, 2008 at 9:38 pm -

My social life is absolute crap.

14. sigh - February 19, 2008 at 9:39 pm -

My social life is absolute crap.

15. sigh - February 19, 2008 at 9:39 pm -

16. sigh - February 19, 2008 at 9:40 pm -

I should probably mention that I’m also rather slim; about 45kgs (100lbs) and consequently, look like a walking and talking lollipop… I frequently get the urge to just smash my head against a wall in hope that it would somehow decrease my skull size. I can’t date guys who have smaller heads than me because that wouldn’t look right and it’s just embarrassing..I have to take care when choosing outfits to wear and I can never tie my hair up in public. I really hate myself..

17. Live Your Life - February 19, 2008 at 10:33 pm -

Hi I am 17 yrs old, 6ft 3.5 in, and weigh about 175 lb. My head is 23.5 in circumference and my head length is 9 inches. I find myself always wearing more layers to make myself look more proportional and am afraid to wear tighter cloths. You guys should just be happy you are only worried about a big head. What about people who are hairy, have small/big noses, big nostrils, big ears, and fat people. Just be lucky you have one fault and not five billion. And if you do have more then one fault who cares? Who wants to be average? If you don’t let it bother you then other people won’t care about how you look. It is all about how you perceive yourself. I would like to say something inspiring so this is the best I got. Try to live your life the way you want to. Live to life the fullest. Go skydiving, backpack across Europe, do some extreme sport. Don’t let some ignorant shallow person keep you down. Have fun with your life. Most the people that put you down are normally pretty dumb. When someone leaves a rude comment all you have to say is, “At least I am going somewhere in life. Enjoy living in your mom’s basement.” Normally it is pretty easy to think of a snappy comment to someone that shallow.
    Good Luck

18. Peter - February 21, 2008 at 6:05 pm -

Oh “sigh”! I totally know what you mean. It’s true that our head has the same circumference and I am taller that you (but not that much, I’m 5’6″) but at least you don’t have plagiocephaly. So we’re exactly on the same boat, you have one problem and I have another.
    And the lollipop is true. I feel tha same. I don’t have the urge to smash my head against a wall, but I often imagine a giant razor cutting it off!
    And it’s so unfair that all those bastards can correct their flaws (body fat, big nose, etc) while we can’t!
    I don’t have any brother or sister, but it really upsets that my mother has a small head and my dad has one as big as mine. Why the hell did I have to get the bad genes??? A could have a perfectly small head like my mother’s!
    It’s so frustrating to see every single person with small heads – and even worse: plagiocephaly-free heads – while I’m stuck with this huge deformed skull!!!

19. nordicsample - February 23, 2008 at 5:47 am -

my head lenth is 8.5 inch (21.5 cm) is this abnormal? what about yours.

20. FloridaBoy - February 24, 2008 at 6:17 am -

You guys ever look at it like maybe your body is too small compared to the average size of your 22.5 – 23 inch head?

It is pretty average and more photogenic. You don’t want to be a pin head.

Screw the people who say you have a big head. You maybe unproportionate, but I’m sure you can point out the flaws in someone else. The chances of them actually taking the initiative to fix it are slim, unless they are loaded with money.

Just relax and enjoy life. There’s so much more to worry about than this stupidness.

I mean if I could change it I would, but it’s not changeable.

When you really think about it – who actually looks at someone and says “You have a beautiful shaped head?” or “Man, did you see her head? That’s hot.”

Get real, yeah it looks ocky but no one REALLY cares about it. It’s just one of those things that are like common flaw. Once you get to know someone for who they really are, everything else usually fades.

So you might get it pointed out in an argument, or maybe just for jokes, but you shouldn’t take life so seriously. Learn to laugh at yourself!! Cuz in the end that’s all your going to be…YOURSELF.

Oh well. 🙂 Feel better guys.

21. unknown - February 28, 2008 at 4:41 pm -

Hey peter can you post a pic of your head in comparison to your body? Do you have myspace?

22. Thomas D. - March 1, 2008 at 2:05 am -

I just thought of something.. for all the insults I heard growing up.. the one person I never heard anything from is my barber… go figure..

23. Atomicgal - March 7, 2008 at 8:09 pm -

Some Austin friends once told me that a club for big-headed people actually exists. This was back in the early 90’s ….so this brings on two questions:
    The first one being: Is/was there really a Big Head Club?
    If yes, then does it still exist?
    If yes, then what is the name of it?

And no, it’s nothing like the men’s hair loss club (or whatever it’s called, lol).

24. Tyler H. - March 10, 2008 at 3:20 pm -

Y R U c0mp141ning? 1f U s4w M3 1 b3t U would s33 th4t 1 h4v3 4 w4y bigg3r h34d th4n U 4nd 1’m 0nly 13. S0 d0n’t w0rry!

25. Tyler H. - March 10, 2008 at 3:33 pm -

Don’t worry man, you shouldn’t feel so bad about having a head like that if you saw me I would bet my head is way bigger than yours. Guess what, just today, a kid on the bus told me I have a basketball head and he wanted to make a basket.

26. sigh - March 14, 2008 at 9:36 pm -

maybe a big head is more photogenic because it takes up 50% of the picture.

27. Ali - March 15, 2008 at 9:12 pm -

Man, I finally had the guts to search this prob up on the web. Ok, I also have a proportionately large head. Ever since i was young, everyone would make fun of me. Till now, in grade 10. Well, really now, people are more mature to keep their thoughts to themselves, but its obvious. The thing is, as paul said, its all proportional. Maybe if i spent time working out, my bigger body would match my had. Is that what I should do? Does it work?

28. Ali - March 15, 2008 at 9:18 pm -

man,, i all y’all are right. But finally! I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY PERSON. Think about it. How flawed society is. I bet if i tiny little incident happened through the course of things, big heads would have turned out, in a sweet twist of fate, as the best things ever. Darn. It didnt turn out that way. Darn, darn, darn.

29. Meghladome - March 20, 2008 at 6:14 am -

My name is Meghan McShay, My firneds call me meghladome because they say my head is abnormally shaped and large. I think its because i have a lot of curley hair. I asked my boyfriend to help me measure it and he tried to wrap his belt around it and it didnt fit. He never lets me rest my head on his shoulder because he thinks it weighs too much. I had him weigh it and it was just a few pounds over 20lbs… thats not too big for a girl is it? I wish it was a symbol of how smart I am, but eh not so much. My neck hurts terriably at the end of the day from holding my head up, what should i do?

30. gupta - March 20, 2008 at 8:11 pm -

Hey everyone i have a 22.5 inch head and mostly everyone made fun of me. i dont fell depressed anymore because its true you do look more photogenic and yeah you dont want to be a pin head.

31. teriyaki - March 23, 2008 at 12:10 pm -

I’m having a laugh at you guys and that’s not because you have large heads, but because you are making a big deal out of it.

I have a pretty large head myself but it doesn’t bother me at all. I’m just about 6’1″ and my head circumference is 22 and a half, but it ceased to be a problem for me long time ago. Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, more noticably Jake Gyllehaal – they all have big heads too, but so what? Does that make them ugly? Ask the girls around, doubt any of them would say so. At the end of the day the difference in circumference between a small head and what you call a large head is minor, you can work it out in a few months.

I grew curly blonde hair (that helps a lot, because it’s hair that draws attention and not the head size), worked out a bit, bought some fancy clothes and created my own style. Combined with my rather good sense of humour it gets me a bit of attention from the girls. I may not be conventionally handsome but I don’t regret that, why would I? I’m different than anyone else, that draws attention – look at Adrien Brody, he isn’t like all those models yet he gets the girls. Same goes for Andy Samberg, who’s teens choice, he could sit down and be sorry for himself, but why would he?

That doesn’t help. You can spend all your life worrying about things you cannot affect in any way, or you can let them be and I guarantee that it will work out pretty fine.

What’s the funniest about it is that you worry about it, and when you go out, you rarely notice people’s head sizes. Some of them may be bigger than yours but you still don’t see it… Well, that’s because head sizes isn’t something that would draw anyone’s attention THAT much.

32. Matt - March 27, 2008 at 1:10 am -

I haven’t allowed anyone to take my picture since I was 15 or so (I’m 27 now) because of my enormous head. I’ve always been overweight as well but in the last year I’ve really ballooned due to self-isolation from depression. I’m balding too….gimme another year or so and I’ll really look like Humpty Dumpty.

So count your blessings.

33. jose - March 27, 2008 at 9:23 am -
  34. Tom - April 5, 2008 at 7:17 am -

Hey Peeps i have a big head measuring 22″, i thankfully feel relieved that its not any bigger but im 16 so it could grow, doubt it though because its normally just your facial features that change, get wrinkles etc.

Anyway i actually think that bigger heads look better in the long run, don’t you agree?

I don’t like my head because, it hasn’t got a round shape to it, it is rather flat at the back.
    I was wondering do people actually bother about head size deep down + i always see the guys with the larger head with the better women.

I have have been tormented a few times, which hit me like a bus, and makes me constantly paranoid. At school, people say move your big head, it gets me but i also notice they say it to mostly everyone even if their head is normal. My head looks square ish and if i have my hair long i get occasionally called box head. Yeah id like to have some shape at the back but the people that call me it also have different head shapes. Like one guy calls me it, so i call him potato, but hes a good mate. So if people who are your friends say this, they don’t actually mean it in a nasty way, just a jokily friendly way, sometimes it can get to your heart but just forget about it and live your life.

When, i get tormented i usually make a comeback. One guy said to me in a maths lesson, Tom “have you ever noticed how big your head actually is” it hurt me yeah but i turned round, and said “have you ever noticed how big your lips are” and he actually replied yes i have. So this means he must feel insecure about his feature.

From this i learn t that if people harass you, then you should find something on their bodily features that isn’t perfect, Because lets face it nobodies perfect??

Everybody feels insecure about something at some point, its just self conscious playing on you.

Maybe we have above the average heads but if you become a popular person, people will respect you,

My nick name is BURGER BOY, Baps i bin called any name you can think of, i take them all as jokes and laugh along with them, then fire one back at them, but i know why these jokes come upon me because they see im quiete,

Ive never had a girlfriend, this is a real downer because i think if i got a girlfriend it would be a real confidence builder, and would boost my self image alot.

I dont mean to rattle on about this but it makes me feel much better,

I Really just need to know if people in the outside world actually bother about headsizes so much.

I also know this guy at my skool, and he is really skinny with a big head, i think its just his hair, my mate said he has a massive head, cos i was talking about him being crap bein the goalie, i dont think he would of said that if my head was as big as him but i dunno.??
    Is 22″ really big at all to be honest, i know the 25″ is bigger but why do i still feel 22″ is big??

can i see some images of headsizes range from 22″ to 25″ please to see if mine is bigger, but i guess its harder by pics to tell.

God bless you all, i may take tme to produce a website for comfort, maybe provide a social networking site for people like us?? who are basically reaped of their confidence by fucking assholes.

35. Michael Paxton - April 6, 2008 at 10:18 pm -

It’s interesting that people have and do made fun off my head. Sometimes people would say “why the long face” and it didn’t bother me when I was younger but now that I’m in highschool, it does. People have told me that I have a big nose (even one of my teacher made a remark about my nose) or comment about my height. And most of this comments came from a fat boy and girl who were mexicans. People still sometimes do make remarks but it has started to lessen ever since I started to work-out. I have a six-pack, i’m ripped, with big muscular chest. Now there’s a kid who says I have “big tiddies”. It’s interesting what people will say when their jealous. Just be happy with what God gave you. So the point is that someone will always criticize you. If your good looking they’ll say you have a horrible personality, if your buff your to buff. If your smart theyll say you look like a nerd and so on. There will always be jealous people to criticize you.

36. Nessa - April 15, 2008 at 8:07 am -

HAHA
    This is the funniest thing I’ve read in a while! I almost pee myself after reading about your head making people urinate because of the extra weight.

BTW, I also have a huge, watermelon head. And a small framed body. We should make a club. Of course our heads probably wouldn’t fit…

37. mike - April 16, 2008 at 12:36 pm -

hi sorry im late to this discusion but i also have a big head im standing 5 8 and myhead is 23 inches on the dot i was so preucupide with it that i couldnt work or do anything with my life it was bad that i tryed commiting suicide couple of times. this may be funny to alot of peopel but it really isnt its s series situation where like you think ur life is over and you have nothign to live for and i still dont but i was one of the lucky once and was pressured by the side of my beatiful girlfriend and my mom to go get my self help and i was diognised with bdd and im on the treatment right now i still cant funictionproparly but at least im calm and i can at least be on internet and somewhat socialize. when i went there i was told that this is all in my head that no one can see it exept me i red all the coments and found that 23 inhes is really big where alot of peopel have 23 inch heads and i was preoucupide with it but it really doent matter about the inches it all depends how ur head is shaped and what not some peopel might have 24 inch head but totally normal heads and everything and they might say wow i have bigger heads then anyone on the site wow and they become paranoide with it and also become obssesive with the part that it is a flaw to thema dn actulyy see it bigger then it is it sounds funny but its true u will see it bigger then it is and u will see it bigger ont he pictures i didnt belive it but it was only in my eyes and no one elses everyone said i have totally normal head. its funny how my girlfriend it so hot liek oen of the hottest girls uw ill see and i was disapointed abotu my apearness but fromall this i found out that if urwith someone it doesntmatter how u look it whats inside i never gave to shits whats inside i always cared how i lookedoutside i thought it was the most important thing to me it stillis but isnce i have amazing girlfriend i learned how to use my inside and ake her happy with me i relized that i cant change part that it a flaw to me and i deacided not to look in the mirror and jsut live my life thinking im someone ells that im not its funny but like it was the only way for me to get over this and i hope i miriclae happens and everyhting changes but the funny thing is that all my life i had htogirls beside me and thatas why i never cared about my aperance until now and it really got to me but somehow i maniged to survive all that and im trying to make my self better and at least live my life 10% if i cant enjoy it 100% so for some of u try goign to doctor and ask them if u have bdd or not or whatever try to belive that ur jsut imagining it i no its hard but like just try and go get ur self soem help ifur in critical position belive in soemthing ells i dont no but get ur self help ur only born onc enow u can blame ur paretns for the fault and shit but its not gona solve anything so jsutto m akea desent life. living a life liek this its really hard when u cant enjoy it to the max but a least u can do soem things. sorry abotu my spellong and my english im really fucked right now so but im sure some of uwill get it and try to make ur self push dont giveup only pussies give up live it to the max i hate my head to the max vut i feel better when i make fun of my self with my girl or when im aculy different trust me dotn putt ur slef down even when ut hink urthe ugliest int he world but be produ of ur self of who u are and run over everything thats in ur way jsut say fuck it im the best oight so for some of u this might help if not exept ur big head and fucking move on and kill everything thats it ur way if u let that get in ur way everyone ells will run u over to so

38. Tom - April 20, 2008 at 12:14 am -

I came across this forum while doing a search for big headed hats. My head is 25 inches around, and about 10 inches from the bottom of my chin to the top of my head. I’m also 6 feet tall/220 lbs. After reading some of the comments here I think I probably have one of the bigger heads on this board. Like most of you I’m very self conscious about it. I’ve been made fun of pretty much my whole life, less now then I was a kid but I still hear remarks from supposed “adults” from time to time.
    You know what though? We can’t let it bother us. There is nothing we can do to change the size of our heads. All we can do is try to enjoy our lives and make the most of it without letting our “melons” get in the way. Look at celebrities like Conan O’Brien, Jay Leno and Rosie O’Donnell. Their heads are huge, but did they let that stop them?

39. Jay - April 24, 2008 at 3:33 pm -

how come no one has any pictures up?

40. Dave M - April 25, 2008 at 6:13 am -

Hi, I am 30 and also suffer from the same large 24″ cranium. For years I have been paranoid about people making fun of me as at 16 I was 6 foot 1 and 135 lbs. What I have attempted to do to offset this is working out alot. I managed to gain 50 lbs of muscle to offset my huge head. oddly enough though I have never had a problem attracting girls and am strangely attracted to girls with large craniums as I find it sexy now. This site has really helped me to realize that I am not alone in my big headedness!!! Thank You

41. mike - April 27, 2008 at 12:37 am -

hey guys and girls if u have a big head and its not bothering u jsut live with it and fucking enjoy some of the life if u cant enjoy it to the max but im sure its not that bad jsut knock couple of peopel out who say something abotu ur head and ur good who u no. if u are critical and ur jsut obsest with your head and u think u cant go on living with it google up body dysmorphic disorder and see if it suits u i personaly thoiught i had a huge head bigger then my body but at the end i was dioginozed with bdd which means im seeing my head bigger then it is or im just imagining that it is big and it was really hard to get me to go to doctor cause i was so sure that its that big and i coudlnt stand peopel telling me that its not when i see it with my own eyes and in mirror and photos so please help ur slef like i heleped my self im still on therapy but it helped me alot if this helpes anyone please leave me a massage here and if u want to talk to me ask me for my got mail or somthing

42. Jimmy A - April 28, 2008 at 12:05 pm -

What an amazing site. If there’d only been something like this when I wasa a teenager I’m now in my early 40s and have struggled with the problem since I was about 13 or 14 (like a lot of people on here) and I got the first comments.
    I tried everything to minimalise it…usually very short hair which now I realise might have in reality compounded the problem. baggy or loads of layers of clothes to try and make my body size match my head (I was quite slim)…I got sick of people asking why I still had an extrra layer on in Summer…I’d have never have told them why. In fact I’ve never dared mention my heads size to anyone in all these years.
    I think it lead to paranoia when I sometimes just heard a word with the “eh” sound in “head” being used somewhere and thought they were saying “head” and talking about me!
    A word of encouragement for all the teenagers on here wondering how theyre gonna cope..I think late teens/early 20s before you start to fill out are the worse times and as you get older things will get better. To be honest over the years I’ve had very attractive women take a fancy to me which still amazes me when I think of my head but maybe that just shows how we blow it all out of proportion (forgive the pun) and it’s not quite as all important as we think.

43. Michael - April 29, 2008 at 6:53 pm -

wooo! big headed club. yea i fit a 60cm (24 inch) hat perfectly. 🙁

44. Michael - April 29, 2008 at 7:00 pm -

yeh we needa website for us big headed people. not myspace. we’ll call it headspace.com

haha

45. Doe - May 10, 2008 at 12:41 pm -

when will there ever be a foum dedicated to huge heads?

46. anon - May 23, 2008 at 6:12 pm -

You guys have no idea how INCREDIBLY depressed this makes me feel.

It’s the only thing I think about every day when I wake up until I go to bed. It affects my job, my social life, and love life. I feel so inadequate when I’m around other ppl and their small heads. I feel like some kind of freak who doesn’t fit in. Especially from the side. I stand at 5’6″ with a 22.5 inch cranium. I can’t stand it. I think about dying all the time…it’s very depressing because it doesn’t look sexy. :(.

I hate being depressed because it makes me sleepy and I just want to sleep and just rot because i’m big ass head..I want to cry right now lol.

Any advice on how to cope? I know ppl don’t like ppl with big heads. No one likes a big head.

47. N Nora - May 25, 2008 at 5:38 am -

Hi Anon. when I read your comment I saw myself in your shoes. That is precisely what is happening with me every single day. I think I have an enormous head and face! That is despite my 194 cm and 117 kg of weight, believe me! I have contacted a surgeon because my facial muscles are so large that make me appear 200 kg! I contacted also some surgeons over the web and they have been saying that I would not benefit from a surgery.
    Im ashamed to gather and mingle with people. I feel realy embarassed! It affects all the spheres of my life, including the spititual. Some call me a “big guy”, which I may be as well, but I have already heard some pleople commenting on the largeness of my head. Day after day I do not see the joy of live and nice music or beautiful landscapes make me just cry from inside, instead of enjoying.
    One thing I’ve however noticed is that people do not necessarily ostracize me on that basis and I had invitations from even good looking woman to go out. Apparently in this situation the problem lies more with us than with other parties. We are much more tolerant with others imperfections than with ours, that has been my conclusion. Those facts help a bit but do not necessarily make me ok. Other fact is that what we look as completely undesirable may be looked by others as something a bit sexy, believe me. So there’s still a lot to enjoy, lets think of it.

48. anon - May 26, 2008 at 3:27 pm -

How tall are you N Nora?

49. N Nora - May 27, 2008 at 3:40 am -

1.95 M, with shoes. I’ve just measured the circumference of my head and came to about 68 cm!

50. anon - May 27, 2008 at 6:00 pm -

ur tall though…ur head fits your body *sigh*