My Head Is Huge

I have one of those bathroom medicine cabinets that allows you to open it up and use that and the front mirror to get a full view of your entire head. I mean, you can see your sideburns, the line of your hair on your neck, your ears — you get the ultimate 3-D view of your skull.

I am extremely distraught that I felt the need to look.

Because while looking at the watermelon that IS my head, I came to the conclusion that indeed my head is the biggest head I have ever seen in all my years on the face of the earth. I mean, I used to think the kid who played Rocky in M.A.S.K. with that huge deformed head had it really bad until I saw my head in the mirror. At least Rocky (played by Eric Stolz and mothered by Cher) had a deformed head that matched his body. Me? I’ve got a head the size of a huge Thanksgiving Day turkey on top of a tiny, skinny frame of a body.

I didn’t tell anyone, until now, that I felt my head was this huge.

Instead, I’d go around asking people to look at my digital pictures and see if anything looked out of the ordinary. I’d stand in front of cardboard cut-outs of other well-known celebrities to see if people noticed the skullular inconsistencies. I would lay my head on people’s laps to see if the weight put too much pressure on their abdomen, causing them to uncontrollably urinate in their pants.

In all of the above situations, except for the urination thing, no one noticed the fact that my head was extremely huge and largely abnormal for a man of my age, stature and weight. I immediately went to see my doctor to ask him about my head. The conversation proves that no one wants to admit to me my head is huge for fear of causing great distress:

Me: Is my head huge, Doc?
Doctor: Your head is perfect, Paul.
Me: No, really. Look at it. It’s way too big for my body.
Doctor: You’ve got a very symmetrical looking head, Paul.
Me: Symmetrically big, sure. But too big for my body, right?
Doctor: People with bigger skulls were known to be smarter in the olden times.
Me: So, you’re saying I have a big skull, then?
Doctor: No, Paul. I’m saying that you’re smart.

I have asked my parents if they thought my skull was too big and their responses have ranged between asking me if my boots are “popular” and if my jeans “are supposed to hang low like that” instead of addressing the head issue. Sure, because I can change my shoes and my jeans but I cannot change the size of my blimp-like noggin.

I have asked my friends if they think my body looks skinny compared to my head and they have simply responded that I shouldn’t get so obsessed about working out and that I should be satisfied with my body type.

Again, everyone disregards or ignores the size of my head.

Well, my medicine cabinet mirror in conjunction with my front bathroom mirror has not. It has, in one swift swing of an open medicine cabinet door revealed the honest truth to my ears, my mouth, my nose and my chin. I have the hugest head out of anyone I have seen.

No wonder hats looks so small. No wonder I can’t find a pair of glasses that look cool. No wonder I always wake up in the middle of the night with my head OFF the pillow. No wonder headrests in cars just hit my neck. No wonder when I sing I hear echoing.

No wonder, no wonder, no wonder.

445 comments on “My Head Is Huge

1. Silver - July 2, 2008 at 8:15 am -

A shrink wouldn’t be able to help shrink my head lol. But I think they would help me remain positive and get a winning outlook on life. Whenever I’m tired and I hear people whispering it really gets to me. I guess lack of sleep makes me more mentally vulnerable. I need a state of mind where I’m bulletproof against the behind the back sniping. I don’t want it to hold me back. I know I’m pretty good at remaining positive as many people get depressed over much less, I just don’t wanna be defined by my big head!

What I find about it is that if you act confident people will treat you normally but if you’re quiet people wonder why. Then they see you have a big head and suddenly the whispers start. People have their own insecurities and they want to make bonds with people by sticking together and picking faults in others. I’ve done it myself, but these days I don’t want to be hypocritical.

A problem I have is…when I meet someone new, I get on great with them and then somewhere down the line I’ll probably hear them talking about my head. Do I accept this as something everyone will say and forgive them and move on or do I write them off as someone I shouldn’t waste my time with? It makes it pretty hard for me to be bothered with meeting new people in the knowledge I’ll have to get through that problem.

Oh and regarding height and head size people have been banging on about, it makes no difference. I’m 6 foot 3 but a big head is a big head at the end of the day.

2. .... - July 4, 2008 at 11:21 am -

height certainly makes a difference. i’m over a foot shorter than you and i would kill to be 3-4 inches taller, no…make that two. two measly inches..what’s that? five centimetres? height can determine whether your head looks proportionate to the rest of your body or not. as they say, the length of your face/head should be about 1/6-1/8 of your height for things to supposedly look right. the bigger your head is, the shorter and stumpier you look. don’t say that height doesn’t matter when it is blatantly obvious it does. a head needs to be proportionate with one’s frame and height.

3. Silver - July 5, 2008 at 5:38 pm -

It’s not as simple as how tall you are, unless it’s just that you have a long face. In which case I accept that for you it would make you more in proportion. Still, essentially it would be just as long. For a head to be really noticabley big it is both wide and long. Height alone doesn’t help me, I guess I could do with my body being broader, my body’s long but not so wide.

4. .... - July 7, 2008 at 3:23 am -

then bulk up. any male can do so with a nutritious and protein-rich diet, appropriate lifestyle and strict exercise regime. i suppose it’s kind of impractical to dedicate a huge amount of time to that though. you could try swimming, swimming regularly usually helps to broaden shoulders.

5. Anoymous - July 7, 2008 at 3:53 am -

God, finally a forum where I can express myself! lmao. No but seriously. I have a huge head too. 22.5 inches in circumference, 8 inches long. I’m only 5’6 149 lbs. Good part is I have wide shoulders and upper body muscles. Bad part is I’m in highschool. Around my friends we joke about how my head is big. It doesn’t really affect me. But boy, when a stranger comments/laughs behind my back it really affects me. I’m in the verge of tears and I’m A GUY!!!!! At first I’m scared to talk to girls because I’m afraid they’ll think I’m unattractive because of my head. But once I start talking to them I don’t have a problem. But I’m still sooooooo self conscious when I go to the theather/partys etc. I fear that people might laugh or comment me about my head.

About my hair. Any one got any tips? Right now I’m rocking a ceaser haircut. Any help would be appreciated.

6. Tom C - July 8, 2008 at 9:37 am -

I have started to see that my head is not insanely big no more, ts now that shape that is getting me more, it is squarish, flat at the back and my face is quite flat,
    But i have found there is surgery i can get for this, i may consider.
    I want to know for having a deformed Biggish head will anyone ever be attracted to me?
    I worry about this…. I also i juyst begining to look for a part time job, but my self esteem is low and i keep thinking i wont get a job because of my head size and shape !! Hmm HELP PLZ ARGHH!

If u want me to send pics just ask becos ur not alone :)

7. Silver - July 8, 2008 at 10:58 am -

I dunno man, I’d need to be on the steroids to make enough of a difference to the width of my body! I’m by no means skinny and I have a bit of muscle.

8. Tom C - July 10, 2008 at 8:54 am -

I Take my Comment back i mean ill send pics but i think i was having a good day then, I hate my head size and shape, it makes me wanna kill myself !! ARGHH!!! it is so stressful!!!

9. .... - July 10, 2008 at 8:49 pm -

- silver,
    whatever you do, stay far, far away from steroids. girls and women do not find that shit attractive.

if you don’t mind me asking, what is your head circumference?

10. Tom C - July 11, 2008 at 1:50 am -

its like 22 and a bit inches , what about you? my head sucks tho cos it goes flat at back, otherwise i wouldnt be bothered much.
    I dunno wether to get surgery cos im 16 and surgery on my skull might give me brain damage if surgery goes wrong.

Also if you take a pic of yourself do you think your head looks big,? n if camera is close up does that make your head look bigger anyway?

11. .... - July 12, 2008 at 6:14 pm -

Mine is 22.5 inches too and I’m female. AND only 5’2. Think how that must look…

Thank God for 4 inch heels.

Anyway, taking pictures close up will generally make your head/face look bigger. My head looks normal in some pictures, and others, not so normal.

12. Neil Ryan - July 15, 2008 at 1:20 pm -

a site i can express my feelingsss :-D i never knew about this , great . anyway im 14 with quite a big head :\ im about 6ft and not too skinny but in betweeen. im very self concious about my head i hate it !!! ive been wearing a cap for like 2 years :\ and cutting my own hair its a mess because i think it makes it look smaller but i have to wear a cap because people would comment on my hair but i think i deal with it quite well. :) . . and does anybody know about .. surgery or something you can get done ? please answer back . but my life is ok except from that i have alot of friends and a girlfriend and she is very pretty =) i realise now im not alone and theres way way more people than i imagined out there with the same problem as me. :-) . . i feel better now ive said that stuff

anyway bye guys..

13. Tom C - July 16, 2008 at 12:54 pm -

there isnt no surgery for size only shape , called cranioplasty i was thinking about getting it for my square shaped head but i cant stand the thought of using other bone in your body, like your ribs hip etc.

If oyu have a normal shaped head but just big, it isnt noticeble, its only when its abnormal like mine people start to notice.

flat spots on the back of the head suck, most of you are lucky, for a nice shape.

Have you got a pic cos im 16? and im proper self consious, you say you have a big head how big get a tape n measure please :P

14. Floyd - July 29, 2008 at 8:31 am -

Paul:

Your post was sent to me by my “friends” with whom I shared a traumatic childhood experience related to my big melon. There was an abandoned house and the only way to get into this one room was to squeeze between two wall studs. Well…everybody in town could fit between the two boards except for me. My melon could not pass. After many splinters in my cheeks and ears I gave up. Alas, this theme has continued into adulthood through telling experiences with eyeglass frames and various medical devices that were too small to accommodate my freakishly large skull. One benefit I can glean from all this is that I have strong neck muscles.

15. Jon - July 29, 2008 at 6:14 pm -

I think we should all meet in a large head convention. I think it would be better so we can compare all our heads and meet each other. Is anyone interested in organizing one?

16. Ellen - July 30, 2008 at 6:40 am -

When I graduated from High School they had to measure our heads for our graduation caps. Well my head was the biggest in the class and they couldn’t even find a cap to fit me…….I pinned a smaller one on but it was so embarassing. All well……life goes on that was 30 years ago…….there isn’t anything you can do about it so love the head you got!!!!

17. Peachy - August 5, 2008 at 5:38 pm -

Man!! This is crazy! I never thought I would find *anything* on people with big heads. I, too, have a VERY LARGE head. I had no idea until I transferred schools my senior year. I heard someone say: “Hey! Look at that big-head girl!” And it was like a slap in my face!! I just never thought about the size of my head or that anyone would care if it was big or not! Apparently, having a big head is awful and undesirable. Of course, I was instantaneously sensitive about it and have never been able to forget it. I am always comparing my head size with everyday objects or drawing the “life-size” in the steam on the mirror, then stepping back to look at it. What an awful impression I must make!!
    I’m more likely to make freinds with tall girls so their heads are more proportionate to mine. I refuse to do “cheek-to-cheek” pictures though because I know that when they come out the first thought in whoever’s looking at it will be “Holy crap! Look at the size of her head!” I even married a man with a comparable sized head! (but that’s not why I married him, I just got lucky :) )
    Anyway, I think it’s ok for a man to have a large head because he’s a man. But a woman?! No no! Women are supposed to be tiny and delicate. And there is absolutley nothing delicate about a huge head. And it’s not so much big around (well, 22.5 in) as it is LONG… (about 9in.?)<– I think it’s 9 in., I measured it straight up and down not wrapping it from top, across my face and under my chin, whereas then it’s 13in. I used to cry my eyes out about it and pray for God to shrink my head a little. Fortunatley, I’m 5’11″ and it’s somewhat proportionate to my body, but I am still (and always be) self concious about it. If I wasn’t a woman, I don;t think it would be that bad, but I am smart and that’s some consolation. At least I got a big brain out of the deal.. :(

18. Heidi - August 6, 2008 at 1:51 pm -

Hi…this forum is incredibly therapeutic (and funny). I also have a 22 1/2″ head, really big for a girl. I’ve heard a couple of comments throughout the years…a guy in high school called me “Betty Boop”; then, when they measured me for my graduation cap, my teacher said “That can’t be right!” (it was, LOL!) The worst was when I rejected a guy in college and then he turned around and said I looked like the Elephant Man…but, remember, I rejected him first.

But, I’ve also been called attractive enough times to believe it, too. I’ve always gotten attention from the opposite sex. And it was interesting to read that people from Scandinavian countries have the biggest heads…I’m Swedish! I also married a guy with a big head, from Germany…so I figure we balance each other out! My husband has been great…he said that a big head and beauty are not incompatible, which makes sense. And one of my favorite people ever, Princess Diana, always said she wanted to have her head “fixed” because it was too big.

I love the idea of a big headed convention…we’d definitely attend (and bring our big-headed, Scandinavian kids if we have any by then)…my parents have really big heads, too. And, remember George Clooney…huge head and he’s considered one of the sexiest men alive…

19. Jeremy Searle - August 8, 2008 at 2:50 am -

Help. Its me again. They keep calling me a Pumpkin headed Twat. Its not fair. My head may be a little big, (ok, its f*ucking huge). I was born with it, or I don’t know, maybe it just f*cking grew. My ears are pathetically small and it makes it look worse.

20. Susan Harrity - August 8, 2008 at 10:40 am -

Sorry I have no sympathy for you because for one thing, your head is not that big & for another thing, you’re a guy. I am a girl with an enormous head. I have a pic of myself as a child & I look like a giant happy face with stick arms & legs. This continues to be problem today as an adult as I can’t find glasses that look good & it’s impossible to find a flattering hairstyle. And I’m middle aged & single! So I submit that my big head problems suck more than yours! Living in So Cal doesn’t help either. I keep looking for other people with heads like mine but they don’t exist here & if they did, they had plastic surgery to correct the problem.

21. .... - August 8, 2008 at 7:26 pm -

People can’t have surgery to fix their head size. If they could, don’t you think most of us wouldn’t be posting here? I’m 5’2 with a 22.5″ head. I wish I was as tall as you Heidi. I think I have it worse out of the females here..

22. Tom C - August 9, 2008 at 1:55 am -

This forum and people around me , i have come to terms tht my head is big but not that big.
    Look at all the celebs ore than 50% of them have large heads, and are adored.

to hide a big head its all about finding a hairstyle to suit your head shape and face. People only notice my head because its a bit of an abnormal shape, probably like some people also posting here.

Unfortunately , we are a self conscious species, and because of this we convince ourselfs of things that arent really true, so i think we just need to forget about it…
    To help me a tried the thing that paul did look in a mirror , and repeat to yourself, my head is not big im beautiful , Its a massive confidence booster and goes along way to defeating the voices inside your heads

23. JL - August 18, 2008 at 11:14 am -

24. JL - August 18, 2008 at 11:18 am -

Susan, I thought being a women it may be easier to hide the syze of your head, menaing long hair. For men, it is very hard to hide it. Please do understand, we all feel the pain, myesl I have to suffer coming in to work and have peolple in the workplace looking at you like you are from another planet. In reality, it realy sucks.

25. Erick - August 20, 2008 at 12:16 am -

I posted my comment on this blog 2 years ago. I believe that the “looks” people give or sometimes stare as if we were from another world is nothing compared to what people with worse problems have to deal. Can you imagine someone who doesn’t have a limb or who has major scars? I used to feel really bad about my head and I would avoid going out more than the necessary. However, I started thinking more about this whole situation and I came to the conclusion that I should be glad that I’m in good health. Whenever I feel bad about my problems I try to remember that there are people far worse than me.

I believe that by accepting and loving yourself for who you are is essential to acknowledge the presence of God, who is present in everything because “he” not only created everything, but “he” is everything. It is not limited to the universe that surrounds us, but also in every cell of our bodies.

Feeling bad for having a big head shows how undeveloped we are as a society and how much we lack moral standards. It is the utmost proof of how shallow people in general tend to be. I learned a lot with these feelings and I think that I still have much to learn and hopefully make me a better person.

26. JL - August 26, 2008 at 11:17 am -

Erick,
    Well said, I wish the rest of the general public felt that way, instead they look for an oppurtunity to make fun of anyone.

27. Silver - September 12, 2008 at 5:39 pm -

I’d all but forgotten about my big head for a few weeks then today I hear two guys on seperate occasions go into an adjacent room to the one I sit in at work. They both seemingly remarked “He hasn’t half got a big head” Although I wouldn’t have realised if I hadn’t heard it so many times before as it was said thinking I wouldn’t hear it. Anyway, I was very tired towards the end of the day and I was kinda in auto pilot and I was on the phone. Then one of my colleagues comes up to me while I’m tied up and facingaway from him on the phone and puts a ruler against my head. By the time I’d realised his employees had seen it, anfd teh whoe thing was very degrading. I was really tired so I didn’t react (probably why he felt he could get away with it) and also I don’t know how to act. Should I pass it off as my big head not bothering me or kick up a stink about it? I’m always in two minds about that. Anyway not a good memory.

28. JL - September 16, 2008 at 3:36 pm -

Silver,
    If you work in a big Corporation, you can follow up with the HR-Human Resource, regarding the abuse. Then you better be prepared to have the entire office looking at you as the enemy.
    Or, you can pretend, that you never heard them. In regards to your other incident ” Then one of my colleagues comes up to me while I’m tied up and facing away from him on the phone and puts a ruler against my head. ” this is totaly unexeptable. Do you have a good relationship with this clow (him)? Is one thing if both of you are hanging out and joking, but not in the OFFICE. That is RUDE. If that was me, I would knocked is ass on the floor, and then have HR come to me.

29. Jo - November 5, 2008 at 2:10 am -

How big should the male’s head be at the height of 5’6″?

30. Intrigued 19 Year old - November 27, 2008 at 6:51 am -

I read about a quarter of the comments and noticed the sense of disparity coming from all the commenters. Firstly, I have a large head, large enough that when during hockey, I could not find a helmet to fit it. I really do sympathize with the people here. However you guys have to realize, life is all about ups and downs. Sure it might feel like this problem is haunting you, around you all the time in your thoughts and bogging you down 24/7. But nonetheless, you’ll still have days when it’s not on your mind so much. Good days. And of course you’ll have your bad days. That’s what I truly believe, life is about a series of ups and downs. And I know for a fact there are no ultimately satisfying solutions to your worries. But there are a number of concrete things you can do about it. For one, as people mentioned, work out, bulk up, or if you’re overweight, lose weight. Not only will this improve your self esteem, and rectify an altered self body image, but it will literally make you look better in a very real sense. Good fashion and hairstyle also work wonders. Moreover, before you can get your perceived acknowledgment or approval from your peers, you should first learn to love yourself. I know that sounds incredibly lame and cliched, but honestly, if you hate yourself, people really seem to pick up on it and act accordingly. Get out more, be active, make it so you don’t have the opportunity to sit around doing nothing and thinking self loathing thoughts to yourself. And always keep in mind you’re not gonna just feel better one day, it’s a gradual process. And when you do get to a desired level of confidence and stability, there may still be times when you feel like dirt. That’s just the way it goes. And don’t forget, everyone, even the privileged “small-heads” have times where they doubt their looks. In fact, I have numerous friends with an equally distorted body image and who I see and think have nothing at all wrong with them. There’s tons more I could say but it’s getting late… Hang in there friends.

31. john - November 28, 2008 at 7:37 pm -

24 inches

32. john - December 6, 2008 at 7:37 pm -

does anyone know if doctors are in a process of making a small head pill. Is there a way that we all can petition for?

33. Jack - November 2, 2009 at 1:03 pm -

Hey how come my last post was deleted Paul?

34. Lorik - December 24, 2009 at 6:00 pm -

Well at least your lucky ,they dont go and say “hey you got a big head for that body ” whereas I got to hear those words and now is becoming an obsession,its like wtf God ,I mean why. lol ,this stupid head is huge man really .And I heard it from friends ,once from my parents .Oh shit I think I hear a voice in my head saying blow that head off.**going to gun store** .And one last thing to all you strangers if you got comments please email them to me at unkown_name@hotmail.com if I make it out.

35. Glennus - December 26, 2009 at 7:07 am -

I am 183cm tall (fairly skinny, around 73KG) and my head measures in at around 22 inches.

I copped a fair battering during high school for having a big head. Funnily enough though I dated some super hot girls (some of the hottest in my year) and girls didn’t seem to mind it it at all.

It was mainly from older males (1-3 years older than myself) that I got a lot of insults from. Not to insult them now, but none of them were that flash and many had pretty average looks. Which kinda makes me wonder why they were picking on me in the first place.

It did weigh on my thoughts (and shoulders!) a lot though. I looked in the mirror a lot and it became a bit of an obsession.

I guess the thing that helped me a lot was to just give up being so deeply engrossed in my self image and for me myself not to look down at others when they aren’t that good looking.

None of my family members have large heads. I have an 8 month old son now with a normal size head.

Strangely enough, I have a square scar near the base of my spine, clearly visible, that looks to be surgical. At one point I was wondering if I had some medical condition when I was a baby that my parents haven’t told me about.

Perhaps they needed to drain fluid out of my brain or something? Gosh I don’t know. I’m happy to be a live I guess! :D

36. David - December 29, 2009 at 8:34 pm -

if you got a big head and get joked on, take it like a man, be proud of it, don’t let them feel better at your expense.

I got a big head myself and noticed that as i gained weight it blended in more with my stature. Just bulk up, and be healthy. Its not the most comforting advice but you should be grateful for what you have because their are others in worse situations. Don’t loathe, get money……

37. Moso - May 11, 2010 at 4:32 pm -

I really got the same problems with my self-esteem. sometimes i think about comitting suicide. noone needs a big head. i am 188cm with 22inch head. my left shoulder has half the size of the right one, my head is bigger than half the wide of my ribcage.
    sometimes i can live with it and it seems not unusual, sometimes it is very hard to stand.
    it startet in form 6, when i was 12 or so, when a boy asked me “why do you have such a big head and such tiny arms?” it was a serious question. so – what would have been the best answer?
    anyway it depressed me and i still dont have the courage to look for love.
    the only thing that helps me go on is music – tom waits, kate bush, led zeppelin, the cure, joanna newsom…

hope there will be a day when we all come together.

greetings from germany,

moso
    (male, 23 years)

38. Bob - May 14, 2010 at 2:36 pm -

My head is 23 inches or something. im 5’9 male. is that normal ? im just a bit muscular (upper body that is) and slim. kind of an athletic body i suppose. I’ve been told that my head is big about 10 times in my life (im 16). hows my head :D ?

39. 2010x - May 17, 2010 at 2:24 am -

just been reading through all of these comments, and its actually made my day a bit better, as i now know theres not only me in this world feeling this way.

Im a girl, im only 5’3/4 my head is 22 inches, and it has a flat spot at the back which makes it look square.

i have a gorgeous boyfriend atm, and he loves me, he knows i have a big squarish head, yet it doesent seem to bother him .. he doesent say nething about it, but iv heard his friends commenting on it.

To be honest i dont feel like what there saying is bad, because its true,but it does really get me down.

one of his friends has huge teeth,they stick out of his mouth and r yellowy/green, i dont remark on his teeth,even if there r ugly as fuck, so why comment on me.

Its more now im that bit older,its got to me, bcoz up until like 16,or 17, nothing really ever got said about it. Im 20, and somethimes do generally feel like my life is over, i hate how it makes me feel. i use sunbeds, wear extentions, and look after myself alot,jst to make me feel that bit better.

Will it ever get better tho. i hate having to make myself up EVERY single day, just to feel that bit better about me ….

40. zack - May 22, 2010 at 4:59 pm -

Thankfully I avoided beinv bullied at school and only had 3 nasty remarks made. I was quite happy go lucky and quite resilient. I’m quite bright and had a good if small circle of friends. Was lucky in that regard.

Ironically it was in my 20s that i became more aware of peoples comments, giggles and general nastiness. At one point i was almost suicidal after hearing someone quite far down the street saying ” God, if my head was that big i wouldnt leave the house.”

Strangley, people did and do find me attractive and enjoy my company. I have a partner who is quits attractive and have been stood there. In a bar while someone starts to hit on him. He tells the stranger he has a partner and after being asked where he is he points to me and this guy goes ” oh REALLY??!!?” implying that am not good looking enough. I have tried to remind myself that its me with the partner etc etc but the size of my head and thus my sense of being attractive or even average has really made me paranoid and wary of large social groups and bars where there may be nasty people who decide to make fun or pass comment on my head.

Only last year I was at the theatre waiting for my partner to get some drinks when I noticed this tall and not very attractive black woman with her friends. She turned and looked at me then back to her friends laughing while she did a dance like a string puppet with her head lolling forward. I knew she was being rude . I wished her a speedy death as i drank my drink.

I think the advice to exercise is good as even if you dont get broad you will still look and feel better and live longer than these bitter name callers. Stay positivs and cultivate some good friends who love you for you. Not always easy but us larger headed types are often bright, Witty and fun to be around. Wear bright colours, get a decent flattering haircut and remember things could be much worse.

41. isaEEc - May 29, 2010 at 1:23 am -

My head is really big and I hear people talking about it all the time, specially when I’m in the middle of telling a story about the twins. This situation is 1 of those situations in which I’m not quite sure how to act in. If I want to be sexually (orally) active with a female from my university I hear people talking about copping isaEEcs. It feels me feel like my head is the only this that people talk about and because its so big sometimes people say I block their way. People also don’t believe that I’ve done serious damage to an attackers knuckles when they attempted to punch me by using my forehead as a way of blocking it. My brother also has a big head and he too attends my university, it doesn’t help that his head is quite big too, but he gets teased more about his sac, than his head.
    Thank you all for listening.

42. Nickie - June 1, 2010 at 10:29 am -

Wow..My head is big!! I am a woman 5’7″ and my head is 25″ around….no hats for me!!

43. Wei Tsui - June 7, 2010 at 5:57 pm -

Myself and my wife are chinese and this “big head” thing is very common for asians, especially consider our small bodies. I am 5’7″, about 140 lbs and my head is 24 inch circumference. My wife is about 5’2″, 100 lbs, and her head is 22.5 inch circumference. So our heads do look very large.

It does not bother me though. I would much rather have a large, wide head than a small one, for several reasons which I will note. But it bothers my wife very much. She thinks she is not pretty compared to her American friends at the office, and they sometimes joke her, call her “big head.” Recently, her firm went on a canoe trip and everyone had to get helmets. She said she could barely fit into the medium size while all the other girls, most whom were taller than her, used small or extra small. She got teased and come home crying. She said its so not fair – there is a girl almost 6 feet tall, so pretty, and her head small enough for the extra small hemet.

I remind her that while her head is larger than her co-workers, she is considered one of the best and smartest workers despite only living in USA for 5 years. She is the one that learns the quickest and has to explain everything to the others. Obviously, she has much bigger and more powerful brain. How many languages can they speak – she speaks 5 fluently while they can barely speak 1.

I have same issue at work. Although my English needs improve, I am engineer and outperform most of my coworkers. I learn faster and remember better, and can concentrate better. All that extra brain comes in handy!

Also, I remind her that a thin little head is not prettier than a larger one! Many Asians feel that a wide face is attractive, and that small little faces look strange.

All you large head people should not be sad. All else equal, you are more intelligent. Would you really want small little head with a weak brain? And, in most places in the world, you are considered more attractive.

44. chris - June 12, 2010 at 8:49 pm -

24.5 inches

Can anyone beat that?

Didnt think so.

I know you think your head is large, but stop complaining. I’ve never found a hat that would fit me in my entire life.

45. John A. - June 16, 2010 at 6:25 am -

Wow you all really make me feel better about my big head. I am 5’11″ and about 160 lbs and my head is about 22 1/2 but it is long prolly like 9. I have taken alot of s#$t about it over the years and there were times were I considered suicide. Everytime a girl would reject me I would think only if my head were smaller this wouldnt be happening. I have come to realize that for the most part the people who would make fun of me or judge me based on the size/shape of my head are just doing it to feel better about themselves. All and all I am content with the way I look and dont care what people may think anymore, I just tell myself hay Ive been with some really pretty girls in my day so I cant be all bad. As for the cruel people who might laugh or make fun of your head I say you should either pitty them for being so judgmental or make them feel bad about themselves one way or another (Im not exactly the turn the other cheek type). I just wish I could find a cute girl with a head like mine so I dont have to be paranoid about what she might think about it.